Job Title: Lead Switchgear Technician
Contract to Direct Hire Opportunity
Location: Chesapeake VA
Company is a well-established, independent repair facility for electrical rotating machinery, pumps, and switchgear in the US. With over six decades of experience, we take pride in maintaining a clean, state-of-the-art facility, delivering high-quality service to our customers, and nurturing a team of exceptional individuals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling various technical aspects related to low and medium voltage switchgear, including maintenance, repair, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of NETA standards, IEEE specifications, and NEMA specifications as they relate to low and medium voltage switchgear.
- Proficiency in all aspects of switchgear, protective relaying, and controls, including operation, maintenance, and testing.
- Hands-on experience with low and medium voltage switchgear, including disassembly, component inspection/repair, reassembly, and testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in both shop and field environments.
- Capability to train other personnel in troubleshooting, repair, and testing of power distribution equipment.
Preferred certifications: NETA or NICET Level 1-4 Electrical Power Testing Certifications.
Previous experience in the power distribution industry is advantageous.
This position requires drug and background screening.
*US Citizens only*
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation/holiday pay, insurance coverage, retirement plans, relocation assistance, and more.
If you meet the qualifications and possess the skills needed for this position, we welcome your application.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and take the first step towards joining our dynamic team!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.