About NET Power
Passionate about making an impact? We are. At NET Power we are driven by our vision of empowering a clean world by globally deploying affordable and reliable zero-emissions energy. We are a well-capitalized, public clean energy technology company based in Durham, North Carolina with operations in Houston and La Porte, Texas.
Our impact is transformational.
NET Power technology doesn’t just reduce the world’s carbon footprint. It delivers the Energy Trifecta: Reliable, Low-Cost, Clean Energy. A winning solution for everyone.
We are looking for a dynamic technical leader to serve as the Director of Operations and Testing for NET Power. You will be key technical interface, ensuring the Baker Hughes and Net Power product validation and test goals are achieved for our organization and will report to the Head of Engineering. This role will be based out of our La Porte and Houston, Texas sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Technical leader ensuring the Baker Hughes and NET Power product validation and test goals are achieved at La Porte in 2024-2026 and SN1 in 2026-2028
· Key technical interface to translate process simulations and product requirements (PRD) into facility design, construction, commissioning, and testing for validation.
· Develop and implement the test campaigns and demonstration facility modifications to meet product validation and engineering requirements from BH and NET Power engineering.
· Lead daily alignment meetings and provide leadership during the tests. Document results in daily test reports.
· Ensure safe operation as the top criteria at all times. Manage change in collaboration with the Operations team, ensuring Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance. Participate in HAZOP and other process safety events.
· Experience required in First of a Kind (FOAK) technology, pilot testing, including starting, stopping, ramping and off-design testing.
· Write the operational narratives for testing, review control narratives.
· Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) during any emerging testing issues. Lead supplier technical engagement as necessary.
· Curate and maintain technical lessons learned that flow into utility scale plant design
· Coordinate with the La Porte site team responsible for plant operations, site modifications, and O&M. La Porte site operations team is responsible to have the site available and ready to accomplish tests as directed by the NET Power Test Leader.
· Strong communication and leadership skills – role will lead cross-functional teams from multiple companies for safe and successful outcomes.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
· Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) required.
· Minimum of 8 years of internal controls, risk management, and/or audit experience.
· Experience in a public company is required, with previous IPO experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of auditing standards, internal controls, SOX compliance, and regulatory compliance.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
· Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, with the capacity to convey complex findings and recommendations clearly.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build positive working relationships.
· Demonstrated leadership and project management abilities.
· High ethical standards and a commitment to upholding the highest levels of integrity.
Candidates must be able to perform essential functions as outlined above, including but not limited to:
· Work effectively in an office environment
· Ability to move in different positions to accomplish task in various environments including tight and confined spaces in hot or cold environments
· Repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands, or fingers
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
What NET Power Offers You
· Amazing growth and learning opportunities
· Free health insurance
· 401K with company contribution
· Generous vacation policy
· Catered in-office lunches
· Be a part of changing the world
NET Power is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.