NES Fircroft has partnered with a global company that specialises in the development, operation and management of power generation and renewable energy projects worldwide. They are looking for a Legal Advisor to join their team in Canberra, ACT! Duties and responsibilities include:
Qualifications and experience wanted:
- Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel in Madrid (Spain), you will be advising on legal issues arising from our client's renewable power generation growing business in Australia (Wind Farms and Solar Plants).
- Drafting and negotiating Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPCs) Contracts and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Contracts.
- Drafting and negotiation of Connection Agreements and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Drafting & Negotiation with local authorities in relation to Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing Plans to engage and empower the local community to realise positive social outcomes associated with the Wind Farms.
- Acquisition of new Projects: Negotiation of Non-Disclosure Agreements and Sale and Purchase Agreements.
- Legal advice on day-to-day issues related to the operation of Wind Farms and Solar Plants (Force Majeure events, O&M contractor’s issues, neighbors´ relations, noise complaints, etc.)
- Providing ad-hoc advice to Finance, HR, Development and Operations Departments as required
- Tertiary qualifications in law
- Post-graduation qualifications (desirable, not essential)
- 2+ years post-admission experience as a lawyer.
- General legal experience in commercial areas of the law, with specialist experience in energy law highly relevant.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced company with a strong growth agenda.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Effective communicator with a wide range of stakeholder.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.