Purpose of the Function
Based within the maintenance department and is responsible for planning activities to allow safe, efficient execution of maintenance operations.
• Proactive and able to work alone or as part of a team or with minimal supervision
• Can lead work activities to completion, including removing any barriers
• Liaise across work groups when conflicts arise, work to rectify the issue or be able to identify when to escalate to supervisor when required
• Provide daily feedback, update of work status to Metals Planning FLS
• Provide feedback and suggestions to FLS to improve productivity
Safety Health and Environment
o Lead with safety; ensure work group understand the risks, control measures and mitigations before work starts. Reinforces the need to stop and assess if the plan changes.
o Actively watch out for and intervene on unsafe acts
o Ensure that Safe System of Work, e.g. Permits, JLA’s & TRA’s are adhered to
Recommended Experience and Knowledge
• +5 years Maintenance and/or Project experience in a multi-discipline working environment.
• +5 years Field craft experience (piping / mechanical biased)
• Awareness of live plant work constraints
• Knowledge of planning process, procedures and tools.
• Working knowledge of SAP or other interim computerized planning systems and software
• Understanding of and stewards all the key processes that support maintenance
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
• Problem solving abilities.
• Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvement for the corporation.
• Structured, organized and methodical detail orientated.
• Excellent knowledge of technical data and drawings (isometric / plant layout / equipment GA ect)
• Planning aptitude - the ability to optimize work and break it down into logical detailed steps.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Adaptability and initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
• Teamwork skills and behaviors, which support team based behaviors.
• Can review and validate LACD dates and effectively interface with work selection process
• Ability to develop quality plans for higher risk work (eg requiring Safe Job Plans, Confined Space Entry Plans, Excavation Checklists, T1BP, etc.)
• Creates complex plans including 3rd party vendors, material, etc.
• Understanding of norms based estimating for maintenance plans
• Understand planning / scheduling interface in more depth – sequencing, relationships, “bundling”
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.