Manager Procurement Excellence (M3.14)
Under the leadership and in alignment with the VP, the role will act as a change agent to bring about improvements in the Milaha end to end processes (source to contract, procure to pay, and supplier relationship management). Support the development and implementation of the digital procurement strategy. Support actions which deliver improvements including higher value contribution, supplier quality, and customer service. Foster digital processes, operational efficiency, and organizational effectiveness.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
1. Support VP in the annual goal setting and budgeting process in partnership with finance; drive the reporting process including reports and executive reviews.
2. Establish and drive the training agenda for the function.
3. Provide recommendations on new subordinate hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities.
4. Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance, & review results.
5. Coach subordinates, identify required training and career development, recommend training courses, and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves, and absenteeism.
6. Drive continuous alignment of the overall procurement program with the strategic business objectives. Make recommendations for adjustments to enhance performance.
7. Support the category management teams with robust spend analytics and enhance market intelligence to drive a robust pipeline of opportunities.
8. Set the foundation for effective operations and provide direction to all other roles in procurement (incl. Category Managers) by implementing guidelines / practices/ tools/ processes/ KPI to ensure the function meets its commitments to the organization
9. Recommend key performance indicators for the function, developing a regular cadence for updates to the business and operational leadership teams (under guidance of VP)
Process Excellence & Digitization
10. Drive process excellence initiatives across the company and lead efforts to enhance capabilities and skills while building a best-in-class procurement organization supported by state-of-the-art tools & methods.
11. Establish the digital procurement roadmap to support overall efficiency gains by enhancing/further developing current IT systems and adding new tools.
12. Improve value contribution and operational efficiency supported by robust business tools and processes.
13. Improve purchasing governance model; standardize processes and tools to drive organizational capabilities and effectiveness.
14. Manage the monthly/quarterly spend analysis activities to improve transparency on the current expenditures and to support purchasing groups.
15. Work closely with purchasing groups to ensure analytical support requirements are met on individual categories, and to identify issues/gaps to be addressed .
16. Manage and maintain a comprehensive master item list across the organization, collaborating with Business Units and Corporate functions.
17. Champion change & develop communication & training strategy for associated changes
Sourcing & Supplier (Vendor) Management
18. Lead Milaha Vendor Management activities to foster supplier integration.
19. Support VP on Tender Committee related matters
Governance & Compliance
20. Maintain compliance with work processes, policies, regulations, and standards. Implement and enforce relevant departmental policies and procedures, optimize processes, and maintain adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
21. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Education & Professional Qualification:
Bachelor degree in Eng., Business Admin., Fin. or Economics, or related technical discipline
Masters degree preferred
10 years of experience within the procurement arena in key positions with responsibilities such as Performance, Reporting & Management, and Systems optimization
5 years in experience in leadership role
In-depth Procurement, MRP, Master data understanding with respect to ERPs E-Solutions
Microsoft Office applications are required.
Experience implementing and optimizing Oracle Fusion highly preferred.
Fluency in English
• Vision & Strategy-Communicates a compelling vision. Creates breakthrough strategies. Generates enthusiasm and commitment.
• Customer Focus - Is service oriented and dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers. Maintains effective relationships and handles difficult customers tactfully. Acts with the customer in mind.
• Achievement Orientation - Undertakes and is results oriented. Takes charge, shows self-motivation and ambition for personal and professional achievements. Has a competitive drive to get things done.
• Relationship Building - Builds relationships and networks; works through and with others. Communicates and negotiates effectively and persuasively.
• Analytical Thinking - Analyses problems effectively and solves complex issues. Considers the long-term impact and anticipates future consequences and trends. Creates new insights and generates innovative solutions.
• Compliance - Careful and thorough, gathers complete information. Works well under a formal framework and precise rules. Strives for quality.
• Risk Management - Assesses risks and makes timely decisions based on relevant information. Can take high risk decisions when necessary and is not afraid of facing difficulties and adversity. Creates competitive strategies and plans.
• Develop Others - Promotes learning & development. Acts as a coach. Builds succession.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.