NES Advantage is a specialized in-house recruitment partner to Aker Solutions. Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions’ New Build segment delivers oil & gas and renewables offshore developments and fabrication products, mainly focused on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and selective international markets. The segment is responsible for large EPCI projects, both within oil and gas and renewables, including business development and project execution, typically large topsides including fixed or floating substructures, onshore facilities, FPSOs offshore wind HVDC topside and jackets, offshore aquaculture floaters and decommissioning and recycling.
Aker Solutions is seeking Marine Engineers - Analyses and Calculations
with experience in onshore or offshore projects. The project is based in Stord
and will be led from there. Position Responsibilities:
Skills and Levels Description:
- Prepare the marine foundation for projects.
- Ensure quality and punctuality for marine work based on established plans, procedures, and project routines.
- Establish, update, and maintain marine work and sequences.
- Prepare marine documents and implement construction and HSSE-friendly designs.
- Ensure the marine foundation is current, incorporating new designs, revisions, DCN’s, and fabrication deviations.
- Conduct design verification and clarify unclear details and requirements.
- Verify engineering and vendor documentation, providing feedback to suppliers regarding missing information and discrepancies.
- Prioritize HSSE in the execution of work.
More reasons to work with us:
- Theoretical and practical expertise in structural analysis, calculation, hydrostatic stability, and hydrodynamics.
- Good understanding of marine operations for effective communication with external parties.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with professionals from various disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in software such as Staad-Pro, Sesam, StruProg, Mathcad, 3D/2D DAK systems, and technical registers like MIPS and planning systems.
- Familiarity with PEM.
- A higher university degree (Bachelor's or Master's) in Engineering.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Leadership experience is preferred.
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector.
- Competitive compensation packages and benefits that include pension schemes and insurance.
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals.
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered.
- NES Advantage is the only company that has frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments.
Sarah Hermansen | Junior Recruiter | NES Advantage Solutions AS | email@example.com
If you find this opportunity appealing, please submit your application via our website, as we will not process applications received via email. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.