New Opportunity!! Marine Manager
NES Fircroft is actively seeking an experienced Captain for a Marine Manager position with our client, a major Terminal site on the Island of St. Croix in the USVI! This is a permanent position with our client, candidates in this role will be tasked with managing the overall Marine operations associated with the flow of tanker ships in and out of our clients harbor. Qualified candidates will hold 10+ years of experience in Marine Operations as well as a bachelors degree in Maritime studies with a National Master License, unlimited tonnage is a strong preferance in this case.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes directly to email@example.com along with their availability.
I. SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position provides the leadership, experience, and direction for managing Marine Personnel, Vessels, and Single Point Mooring Operations (SPM), to ensure safe, environmentally compliant, efficient and economical performance. The position oversees harbor traffic, tug maintenance, operations, and marine oriented regulatory requirements including modifying and expanding permitted activities. Direct reports are Marine supervisory personnel and staff. II. REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Marine Department staff. Ensure that all are challenged, engaged, and accountable in their assigned areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and scheduling of the SPM in a safe, efficient, environmentally compliant and economically sound manner.
- Manage hourly workforce effectively through promoting labor relations in all aspects of daily Marine operations with emphasis on personal safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensure the optimization and reliability of Tug fleet in compliance with port and flag state regulations to match customer requirements including adding new operations around new businesses.
- Ensure Marine personnel maintain training and license certification requirements to meet all maritime regulatory requirements.
- Represents the Company with federal and local government agencies and to Terminal customers on Marine and vessel operating issues.
- Develop an annual departmental budget, manage expense programs in support of that budget.
- Responsible for overall coordination of daily Marine operations with Pilots, Tug Crews, Contract Personnel, Terminal Safety, Environmental, Security, Finance, Maintenance, and Human Resources.
- Develops and communicates departmental goals in support of the Company’s objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership to emergency response and incident management team.
- Assure continuity in the Company through hiring/selection, training, certification, employee development, motivation and organization of Marine personnel.
- All other duties assigned.
The above is a summary of responsibilities for this position and there may be other responsibilities and duties assigned by management. III. REQUIREMENTS Education
- Combination of Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime studies, with a National Master License – Unlimited Tonnage, preference.
High School Diploma; with National Upper Level Maritime License – required.
- Masters of Business Administration degree, preferred.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Marine Operations experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Experience with Single Point Mooring Operations, preferred.
- Tanker and barge Marine Operations experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Marine equipment maintenance, ISM standards, vessel operations, emergency response equipment, safety and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of Marine HSE regulations, procedures and processes, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Results driven with strong planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in making recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to empower the workforce and develop alignment with numerous department groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Applicable Additional Requirements
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 60 feet and onboard vessels.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, climb tanks, push and pull, reach overhead, operate hand tools, stoop and squat, wear breathing apparatus, enter confined spaces and utilize all necessary personal protective equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, nights, rotating shifts, and holidays when required.
- Ability to obtain, or currently possess, a valid Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.