In the role of Marine Engineer you are responsible for taking the role of an independent Marine Engineer on projects.
- You will contribute to deliver high-quality and cost-effective Marine Systems designs of our client. You will particularly focus on FPSOs and potentially; Floating LNG products.
- In this position you could experience occasional high workload (peaks in project scope for your discipline).
- You could be; optionally requested to be on assignment in other project offices or shipyards around the globe on short or long-term basis.
Our client is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in any field of Marine Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Higher Seafaring College or General Operational Technology (AOT).
You have at least 2 years working experience in Marine Systems Engineering and Design (Preferably on Pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed phase).
Furthermore you have:
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge in both conceptual and detailed design of (marine and production) systems on floating & production units (FSO's, FPSO's, Oil & Gas Carriers, Chemical Tankers, Drilling Units, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Good interface knowledge with related disciplines i.e. Naval, E&I, Piping, HVAC, Process, Technical Safety & Regulatory;
- Preferably working experience in/ with Shipyards, Shipboard Operation, Marine Equipment Vendor and Manufacturer;
- Preferably experience in Engineering & Design and/or Operation of LNG carriers;
- Familiar with the latest (marine) systems and equipment technology and having the ability to specify and judge the suitability of equipment, while keeping a good balance between technological advancement and commercial awareness;
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e.: ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds), international organizations and proper implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies;
- Have experience with review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA HP/LP Reports, SIF Reports etc .
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.