MATERIAL CONTROLLER – BELFAST MAIN MISSIONS
- He/She works within the project team, supporting all Logistics, and Material Control onsite. (Belfast -Northern Ireland)
- He/She has the responsibility to execute and coordinate the delivery of logistics services, and make sure that all materials/equipment are delivered to destination in a safe and timely manner.
- He/She is responsible for the safe execution of the logistic, Loadouts/Liftings, deliveries, and storage, in support to the project for the client in Northern Ireland, and mostly on the shipyard.
- He/She will be responsible for ensuring stock management is updated daily.
- He/She will be responsible to record all cargoes/Equipment stored under his perimeter, and that equipment and services are expedited, delivered, and stored in full compliance with budget, required quantities, contractual agreements, expected quality and schedule constraints.
- He/She will ensure that all services under His/her supervision are performed in accordance with Group procedures, code of ethics and HSEQ policy.
Depending on project requirements the Material and Logistics Coordinator will oversee the following tasks:
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Be the key person in regards to informing and interacting with the Shipyard, and logistics providers.
- To participate in the Day-to-Day administration of logistics needs on storage areas: booking of cranes, forklifts, trucks, gang of riggers, various services (permit to work…), in direct collaboration with the project team.
- Organizing and coordinating reception of material at storage area and making sure tracking systems are updated and available.
- Guarantee proper storage inside the port on Project Specific Equipment.
- To organize proper storage, and ensure all cargoes stored under his perimeter are recorded.
- To ensure stock management is updated daily and all cargoes stored under his perimeter are recorded and reported to the project team.
- Conduct regular follow-ups to get updated and accurate information and raise alert whenever appropriate.
- To provide status of spares to be provided by Client (list as per bid pack)
- To provide status of items being procured by Yard (list as per bid pack) + assist site supervisor.
- To ensure an Inspect cargo under his perimeter:
- Inspect items shipped to shipyard are stored and preserved as per suppliers’ recommendation,
- CLIENT: inspect spares are in good condition and in line with project requirement
- YARD: inspect consumables etc. are as per project requirement
- To track, manage and record all movements of goods/equipment transferred to worksites to vessels (vice & versa). Edition and record of cargo Manifests.
- To maintain strong archive system, records for all files, from requests, to Payment, with all associated documents (AWB/BL/Manifests/Customs Declarations/Invoices, POD/CMR)
- To Coordinate with Project Transit Coordinator on Deliveries and Returns of equipment on the project.
- Ensure all requests to any logistics subcontractors/providers are always done via work orders and recorded.
- To record all services are delivered in full compliance with budget, respecting contractual agreements, within the expected quality and as per schedule constraints.
- To ensure that logistic activities are conducted as per the client’s requirements, on a compliant manner and follows regulations, and alert Project Management at the earliest stage of any Compliance and / or Safety related issues.
- To assist Supply Chain with local procurement and identification of local suppliers.
- To actively report and manage any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts and conditions to Project Management, so that action can be taken to manage or minimize any all-risk.
- To Support and Guide Project team in defining the best delivery terms with vendors and, where required, subcontractors.
- Experience as Project logistics coordinator
- Strong experience in coordination of transport by Sea, Air, Road for/to various destination
- Experience of Projects
- Excellent administrative, and communications skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.