Our client, a global oilfield services client, are seeking a Mechanical Engineer in Portlethen. In this role you will utilise your technical knowledge and professional experience to contribute to the delivery of industrial solutions within the Borehole Enlargement Engineering team to provide Mechanical Engineering support for a specialised Downhole Tools.
If you have recently graduated in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, this role will assist you in kickstarting your career, with a reputable oilfield services client, where you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals developing specialist tools for the oil and gas industry.
The successful candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm and diligence with a willingness to learn and adapt as necessary. Attention to fine detail whilst striving for continuous personnel improvement is a key requirement in this role. DUTIES AND RESPONISIBILITIES:
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop customized, forward-looking customer-centric solutions. This will include Sustaining Engineering of existing and the development of new product line designs and procedures
- Coordinating design and development programmes in accordance with all relevant Company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Product sustaining, design and development activities including initial design drawings, calculations, material selection and specification
- Organise and actively participate in regular design reviews
- Ensure correct and thorough maintenance of project documentation
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Coordinating the prototype manufacture of new design components, including liaising with the manufacturing department and 3rd party suppliers
- Development and participation in workshop and field tool test plans, overviewing test programmes and compiling test reports and conclusions.
- Provide basic Engineering Support for Operations and Manufacturing
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- All specialised training will be given to perform job functions.
- 3D CAD / Solidworks
- Internal systems
- Microsoft office applications
This role is only open to permanent UK residents.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.