The Mechanical Engineer to play a critical role, as Owners Engineer, for Mechanical Systems & Equipment to support the Project Execution Phase (engineering, procurement, and construction) with a duration up to 2025 / 2026.
The incumbent will report to the Project Engineer and will provide engineering support for all Mechanical systems.
This position is intended to target candidates with execution / field / operations experience in large process plants. Mechanical Engineer’s role will be critical support in providing management oversight and monitoring of the performance of the EPC contractor both in the design and engineering of the facility, as well as, in the construction, commissioning and final completion and hand-over.
The Mechanical Engineer will be embedded in the Owner’s Execution Team. Given the complexity of the overall project, a matrix organization is envisaged to allow the role to work and coordinate across the Project Leads (Project Managers and Project Directors) of the green hydrogen, the power and the network and interface elements. Further, the role will utilize the dedicated functional support service resources within the Team to source expertise for quality management, EHSS, contracts administration and project controls. NATURE & SCOPE
As far as this position’s discipline is concerned, the nature and scope of this position is as follows:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and comment on technical documentation of Contractor in time as per review circle incl. but not limited to static plant systems (incl.: quality control, Pressure Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Process Piping, Valves, Storage Tanks, Vaporizers, Pipelines, and Relief Devices) as well as rotating equipment (compressors, pumps, turbines), operations requirements, technical standards, processes, and plant and equipment for operational readiness & acceptance, technical bid documents and codes & standards.
- Review and comment on project management documents of Contractor in time as per review circle.
- Actively participate and represent interests of Employer in engineering review meetings e.g. HAZOP meetings, 30%/60% and 90% Review Meetings.
- Upon request by his management, actively participate and represent interests of Employer in specific project management meetings e.g. technical risk workshops, schedule review meetings, budget review meetings.
- Support commissioning team during start-up and commissioning of the plant.
- Any other tasks, the Engineering Manager might allocate to this position on a case-by-case basis.
- Ensure compliance with Project Technical Specifications, International Standards, and OEM procedures and specifications.
As far as this position’s discipline is concerned, the principal duties and responsibilities are as follows:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Executing the RFI process i.e., provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Preparation and follow-up on Punch Lists.
- Answering project communication on e-mail communication and time management system (Outlook) and document management and communication system (ACONEX).
- Provide training and guidance to junior or less experienced engineers.
- Provide technical support and safety leadership for MOC’s and other safety related initiatives to drive process safety compliance.
- Provide technical leadership in supporting/leading investigations and Root Cause Analysis to identify & implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Education – Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering and management disciplines. Additional, complementary qualifications and professional qualifications and training will be an asset.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- experience in design, design review and commissioning in the mechanical engineering field of related systems on large process plants during project execution and/or commissioning and/or plant operation.
- Candidates should also possess demonstrated math, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, an ability to think logically and systematically.
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.