Position: Mechanical EngineerLocation: New Orleans, LA - Baton Rouge, LA - Magnolia, AR Duration: Multi-year ContractRate: Negotiable, based on experience
NES Fircroft is currently looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer on a multi-year construction project.
- Provide Mechanical Scope of Work packages for engineering contractors, which includes identifying applicable project deliverables (Mechanical drawings, Line List, Equipment List, etc.), P&ID front-end development, Equipment locations, Area layout, numbering of new equipment & drawings, applicable Client’s Specifications and Standards, and selection of manual valves and piping specialty components
- Initiating and coordinating development of Equipment Data Sheets for all major Equipment items
- Support engineering contractor needs, including responding to RFI’s
- Review engineering contractor Mechanical Packages including isometrics, pipe supports, P&ID’s, Specialty Items, Line List, Tie-Points List, etc.
- Develop and ensure completion of Project Line Lists, including coordinating with Lead Process Engineer and establishing test pressures
- Identify need for piping stress analysis based on established criteria
- Identify & communicate opportunities for project execution improvement and develop solutions that improve the safety, efficiency, quality, and maintainability of the mechanical engineering process
- Zero injuries and incidents on assigned projects
- Continuous improvement in procedures, tools, standards, and team performance
- Accurate and timely status reporting to Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
- Continuous endeavor to exhibit Client Core Values – Care, Curiosity, Humility, Courage, Transparency, and Collaboration
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of Mechanical engineering project experience
- 5+ years of Piping project experience
- Experience and knowledge with equipment (pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical processing industry
- Equipment specifications, area layouts, piping design, valve selection, and written Mechanical / Piping Scope of Work documents for Engineering
- Ability to track priorities and maintain a schedule for 3-6 projects at a time
- Provide Front End Engineering / Design Support / Detailed Eng / Design Support / RFI support / Project Closeout on all projects.
- Being able to update or improve standards / P&IDs for Piping and Mechanical
- Skilled in developing design and construction packages for RFP piping systems
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.