Mechanical Site Supervisor - Belfast Main missions:
The Mechanical and/or Structural Site Supervisor is responsible for the execution of the operations related to an IMR project in line with the Engineering procedures and the Company requirements in terms of safety and quality.
He/she will need to:
- perform onsite multi discipline inspections, audits, surveys on client or third party mooring and fluid transfer systems.
- perform or supervise onsite multi discipline maintenance, repair and other service related activities on Client or third party mooring and fluid transfer systems.
- perform as part of a larger team, onsite multi discipline supervision of construction activities on new or existing SBM or third party mooring and fluid transfer systems.
In order to ensure the projects are executed in a safe and efficient way during his/her shift, in compliance with SBM standards, local regulations and Client’s requirements he/she is to:
- prepare and develop, in conjunction with office based Project Engineer, own scope of work within project, identify system/equipment malfunctions and determine corrective actions to be undertaken and intervention schedule.
- follow-up intervention related work-preparations, i.e. development of intervention related procedures, drawings, equipment fabrication, planning and coordination of construction manning in accordance with site activities plan.
- follow-up intervention activities as described in intervention documentation ensuring safety, quality and equipment integrity; resolving in a resourceful manner any problems arising in the practical execution is considered as a significant part of the work.
- provide support during risk assessment and tool box talks ensuring the different departments are working together to ensure safety and efficiency during execution of task plans.
- develop intervention reports of all works performed accurately and on time and inclusive of fact-based conclusions and recommendations.
- develop daily site-progress reports on service, overhaul or upgrade related project, i.e. including progress, non-conformities, scope-changes, planning, HSE related issues.
- cascade the safety rules and ensure that the rules are understood and applied by the team.
- anticipate the necessary safety training for the team and report the needs to the HSE advisor.
- supported by the HSE advisor, continually maintain a high level of awareness on HSSE topics and procedures amongst the team via training, awareness sessions etc.
- obtain feedback / satisfaction from Client
Minimum 3 years relevant offshore work experience or Technical specialist with site exposure.
Demonstrate technical expertise on Turret mooring systems, Swivels and Calm buoy terminals Behaviour and Interpersonal skill key requirements
- Available to travel worldwide on call (between 120 and 180 days/year) with flexibility
- Able to work in a team, or autonomously and be committed to performance and stress resilient
- Customer focused
- Good communication and relationship building
- Deal with ambiguity
- Work within a matrix
- Situational agility
• HND/HNC Level of technical education in mechanical / hydraulics disciplines or equivalent experience
• Computer skills and use of Pack Office is required along with the ability to adapt new information technology
• Competent in spoken and written English.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.