Mechanical Static Engineer
Purpose of Role:
• To provide mechanical engineering support and assurance services to operated assets to ensure safe and cost-effective production
Critical Responsibilities (MAE/MATTE/HSES):Major Accident Event (MAE)/
Major Accident to the Environment (MATTE)/Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSES)
• Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all
regulatory requirements, legislation and HSES Procedures
• Responsible for monitoring equipment/system performance initiating and ensuring corrective actions.
• Responsible for discipline engineering and maintenance support to UK operations
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence:
• Provide frontline mechanical engineering support to our operated
assets to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of mechanical equipment.
• Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
• Provide input and support to long term facility modification & maintenance
plans/programs to ensure cost effective operation and asset integrity throughout facility lifetime.
• Responsible to provide budget input/scope for maintenance and modifications.
• Responsible for continuously challenging technical solutions, engineering
performance and cost of modification projects.
• Identify and raise Technical Queries where engineering support is required to resolve more complex technical issues.
• Work preparation in support of preventive maintenance program execution, including
detailed work packages, materiel delivery and specialist vendor resource.
• Responsible for equipment performance including spare part management and warranty follow up.
• Provide plans to manage obsolete equipment so that it does not impact safety or business performance.
• Adhere to contract management processes and ensure vendor delivery is robustly managed for any assigned contracts.
• Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these
appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to relevant line manager
• Influences and collaborates with the asset leadership teams and all other relevant
• Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your field of expertise
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience, etc.: Indicate either preferred or essential
-looking for someone with 2-5 years experience
• Educated to engineering degree level or satisfactory equivalent e.g. HND/HNC plus
preferable qualifications/experience and/or vocational certificates
• Chartered Engineer Status and Corporate Member of a professional body preferred.
• Understanding of processes required to meet HSE objectives. Fully conversant with UK regulatory environment
• Previous relevant technical experience
• Able to drive continuous improvement and to instigate and make change happen.
• Significant operational and engineering experience.
• Set ambitious, yet realistic goals and targets, and consistently achieve these.
• Offshore experience
• Self-driven. Strong personal leadership and drive toward teamwork. Ability to
perform effectively within a strong peer group and to drive toward optimal business solutions
• Good communicating, influencing, negotiating and networking skills. Builds excellent
relationships. Respected internally and externally
• Awareness of HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
• Awareness of Values & Business Principles
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.