Oil Field Services Company Title:
Mechanical Assembler (wireline/winches) Pay Rate:
£16.42 Per Hour Contract:
Full Time (initial 8 months – permanent role if all goes well) Sector:
Oil Field Services Location:
Aberdeenshire Working Hours:
Monday - Thursday 0700-1230 1300-1530
Friday 0700-1230 1300-1430
Experience with wireline equipment and winches is perfect for this role
As a Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for safely and accurately assembling and testing new K-Winch Products, consisting of any Wireline winches and wireline masts along with all accessories used along with this equipment. Ability to use hand tools safely including tube bending equipment. You will support and improve assembly of products through specific techniques as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Strategic
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Manufacture hydraulic systems as per designs/procedures, ensuring the cleanliness of hydraulic systems is always maintained.
- Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Be prepared to work a reasonable amount of overtime, as required to suit the operational demands of the business.
- Report any issues using the engineering support system to make improvements to current designs.
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by your line Manager.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings, schematics and ETS as well as written instructions and procedures
- Ability to learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information required to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Quickly identify critical information and respond appropriately
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation Essential Desirable Qualifications:
Time served apprenticeship
NC in a relevant subject
Higher education in a relevant subject
Have a background in a mechanical based profession
Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment
Skills, training or special knowledge
Ability to operate basic hand and power tools
Forklift and overhead crane certificates
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.