MPD Service Leader (7+ years experiance)
• Reports to Client Foreman. Works with Client Foreman to ensure goals and objectives are met.
• Responsible for overseeing MPD equipment commissioning.
• Responsible for the interaction with the Rig team and 3rd party service providers and ensuring the project is being properly conducted at the well site, with adequate trained personnel running the job.
• Responsible for onsite personnel, scheduling and performance.
• Responsible for all
MPD operations on the rig, from a technical, operational and safety standpoint.
• Along with MPD Engineer, facilitates on-site crew training.
• Assists in completion of the End-of-Well-Report (EOWR) and Lessons Learned for AAR.
• Participates in pre and post job meeting with operations.
• Defines and updates the operational procedures to be used during the well operations to optimize use of the MPD system.
• Interacts with Rig Team before, during, and after onsite operations, ensuring Rig Team has understood and appreciated benefits of system, quantifying any savings provided by MPD operations.
• Be vigilant to changes in system by monitoring sensors and trends.
• The SL needs to understand all the operations of the system, how the cables and computers are to be connected and run, how the various components interact with the CPU, how the database works on site and how data should be transmitted remotely.
• Capable of installing new versions of the software and update the system periodically as needed.
• Be vigilant to changes in the system by monitoring sensors and trends.
• Interaction with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as mud logging, Mud Company, logging, directional, etc.
• Manage and track inventory including critical spares.
• Signed job tickets with reported consumables.
• Report any abnormality on equipment or software, operational situation, or any HSE incidents.
• QA/QC for all WFD MPD equipment.
• Conduct pre-rig up & rig down safety meetings.
• Train and evaluate crew members.
• Overall responsibility for maintenance and repair of equipment, and recording/reporting inventory usage.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.