Role: Occupational Health Nurse Rate: Competitive Duration: 12 months Location: Southampton Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Professional & business knowledge, skills & experience:
- Provide a high standard of clinical care, management and expert advice in the following activities:
- Provide advice to management on medical issues affecting employees i.e. sickness absence/case management
- Health surveillance of employees as required, including audiometry, spirometry, HAVS.
- Biological monitoring in line with MOH Clinical Operations programmes
- Health screening in line with MOH Clinical Operations programmes
- Immunisations in line with MOH vaccination procedure and standing orders.
- Health preparation of employees for overseas travel and expatriate assignment
- Health counseling and advice to employees i.e. to be able to signpost employees to seek appropriate medical advice for both acute and chronic conditions
- Delivery of targeted health promotion and wellbeing activities
- Check, maintain and calibrate medical equipment per manufacturer’s requirements.
- Perform breath testing and specimen collection under the Alcohol & Drug Use Policy
- Inform, advise and work with the MOH Manager and other colleagues on significant OH issues within areas of responsibility.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with other departments within the company and appropriate external agencies.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison and co-operation with site and line management.
- Assisting site management with the management and classification of occupational illness/injury
- Participate as a member of the MOH team in all activities of the service and contribute to the continuous improvement of standards and quality of service provided.
This role requires professional qualification, experience and specialist skills. Suitable candidates must:
- Be a Registered Nurse (Adult) who has unrestricted current registration with the NMC.
- Have a post registration qualification in Occupational Health (Part 1 register) or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- At least two years’ experience within Occupational Health
- Excellent team working, communication and record keeping skills.
- Background and experience in A&E and minor injuries management is highly desirable.
- Experience of corporate occupational health, energy sector and travel health is desirable
- Maintain medical confidentiality and data privacy in line with professional guidance and company policy.
Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision and to structure and prioritise own work activities in order to meet deadlines. Working Relationships:
As a member of the UK MOH team this position is responsible to the MOH Manager. There will be interaction with all operational levels and business groups on site specific matters.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.