Offshore Consent Advisor (Biological) Offshore Windfarm Project International Developer Hybrid Working (UK based) 12 Month Contract (renewable) £500 - £550 per day – Outside IR35
My client, a tier 1 Blue chip company in the energy sector, is striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy and as such, plan to become a leading player in offshore wind.
They are currently recruiting for a high calibre individual to join the Consenting team to support the project through its post-PEIR and post-submission phases.
The Offshore Consent Advisor (Biological) will work within the consenting team, reporting to the Project Consent Lead, to consent and develop this nationally significant project. Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the offshore biological aspects of the DCO for the project
- Managing the deliverables of the offshore consultants in the responsible areas
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement in the responsible areas
- Develop and implement strategies for DCO Examination in relevant areas
- Lead and co-ordinate responses across DCO Examination deadlines
- Ensure strong cooperation within the Project for all offshore packages in relation to offshore consenting risk and deliverables
- Offshore contracts and budget management
- Input and support Consent manager on resource needs, programme and risks in relation to the offshore elements
- Provide updates on key showstoppers on the offshore workstreams to the Consent Manager
- Degree in relevant environmental or consenting discipline
- Experience of large-scale EIA and/or DCO projects, preferably offshore wind
- Experience of planning examinations or inquiries
- Knowledge of impact assessment for ornithology, marine mammals and fish and shellfish
- Experience of developing strategies for high risk consenting topics within EIA/HRA
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary team and across different cultures
- Experience with developing and implementing QA process
- Experience with Welsh stakeholders and regulators is an advantage but not essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.