Offshore Technician Location:
Offshore France – within 12 nautical miles from shore. Start Date:
Initial 13 month contract Rotation:
28 / 28 rotation Day Rate:
Negotiable - contact me for details OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
We are looking for Offshore Technicians for the development of an OWF located in France by designing building and operating a subsea drill system designed to create large diameter holes up to 9.5m in diameter in the seabed and install casing structures for the installation of tubular monopile foundations.
The Offshore Technician will be responsible for operating, monitoring and maintaining the reel drive system, hose tensioners and hoses associated with the spoil recovery for the Drill System. You will assist with all activities relating to the preparation, deployment and operation of the spoil management system and may be required to assist with other activities on deck as required. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUISITE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL experience:
- Provide support for the mobilization, operation, maintenance and demobilization of the Subsea Drill and Spoil Management systems.
- Liaise and report to Drill Supervisor.
- Operate the Reel Drive Systems and Hose tensioners during drill operations.
- Ensure all equipment is assembled and configured correctly for deployment.
- Perform routine maintenance activities including pre-use checks and planned preventative maintenance.
- Attend pre-shift meetings and contribute to discussions where necessary.
- Maintain accurate logs of drilling activity.
- Liaise with the Drill Supervisor to provide up to date information on equipment status.
- Provide technical input and assistance to the service team when troubleshooting breakdowns and performing planned preventative maintenance.
- Actively promote team welfare, anticipating the needs of others and resolving issues while promoting best practice and compliance.
- Maintain a safe and effective working environment, ensuring all safe systems of work are complied with.
- Work in accordance with the company management system.
- Work 4-6 week rotations on a 7 day a week/ 12 hour a day shift pattern.
- Demonstrable history of operating and maintain Reel Drive systems and hose tensioners.
- Proven operational knowledge of subsea drilling systems, particularly with an HMI interface.
- Experienced in the use and maintenance of electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience of working to a pre-defined works program in challenging circumstances.
- Able to maintain accurate daily reports pertaining to drill records and daily activities.
- IT literate.
- English speaking.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.