The primary role of the Operations Readiness Focal Point is to prepare, own, and implement the Operations Readiness plans for Deepwater Brownfield GoM Projects. In addition, provide operations representation in projects from concept select through operate phase to ensure new equipment/systems can be started-up and operated safely and efficiently. This role will be reporting to the Operation Readiness Team Lead within the Host Engineering community of P&T’s Deepwater Projects and Engineering organization. Accountabilities
Skills & Requirements
- Prepare and deliver training materials on operation and maintenance of new equipment to offshore operations personnel for new facility modifications/expansions.
- Write operating procedures that are integrating into the existing operating practices on the asset.
- Coordinate the entry of new equipment, maintenance routines, and selected spare parts into the local maintenance management system (SAP).
- Attend Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) to witness and ensure new equipment performance against design prior to offshore installation.
- Research internal benchmark data to validate OPEX and downtime estimates for new Deepwater wells.
- Populate the provided pre-startup checklist and review with operations before equipment handover.
- Attend HAZOP/HAZID studies and provide operational input into process/personal safety mitigations.
- Track progress of project documentation for handover to the asset at start up.
- Update internal databases with regulatory testing requirements of new equipment.
- Lead and organize Operability and Maintainability reviews for projects.
- Provide input to projects through representation of standard operating practices and standards, identifying minimal function requirements to design.
- Collaborate with the Quality Team on Projects to identify lessons learned opportunities for new projects.
- Wok with the project team to ensure new equipment meets performance standards.
- Support commissioning of new subsea wells and subsea utility systems.
- Deepwater operations professional with 15+ years of experience or Engineer with 10+ years of production operations, maintenance, and/or project experience.
- Subsea production system operations experience and awareness of flow assurance risk that could lead to production downtime.
- Able to travel offshore, with required training and regulatory certifications.
- Knowledge of the Deepwater Operations, both breadth and depth, complemented by good knowledge of technical disciplines related to production operations.
- Ability to work assertively within cross discipline teams. Strong interpersonal skills, collaborating with Shell and third-party staff in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively influence and manage operational risks in the project phase.
- New Orleans based position would be preferred. Houston based would be considered.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.