Operations Readiness Lead / Site Manager
Our Client is seeking suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the newly created role of Operations Readiness Lead / Site Manager, for a large-scale green hydrogen and ammonia export operation.
The Operations Readiness Lead will develop and deliver the Operation Readiness activities to ensure the asset is safe to operate and full life cycle costs associated with operating long-life assets is considered during all project phases.
The successful candidate will support project design and development and will also implement the operations readiness plan to make the future facility business-ready. The successful candidate will provide input to the development of operational readiness pertaining to renewable energy projects, and to support engagement with internal, community, commercial and regulatory stakeholders. It is intended for the Operations Readiness Lead to then become the Site Manager and take accountability for the safe, compliant, and reliable performance once the asset is handed over to Operations.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Accountable to develop and deliver the operations readiness programme for the project across multiple functional workstreams and stakeholders.
• In Operation, Site Manager in charge of the site team after hand-over from projects. • Accountable for safety, cost, and production performance of the site.
• Lead development of operational systems and strategies for their site and processes to ensure a safe, reliable and low-cost asset is delivered by the project team • Recruit, develop and train the site team and establish an effective site culture
• Participation in risk assessment studies, HAZID, HAZOP, RAM study, maintainability and layout reviews, etc. Identify risks and solutions and follow actions to completion. • Ensure operational and maintainability requirements are considered and applied in all phases of the project.
• Raises issues, remove barriers, resolve complex operational issues and escalate to appropriate level when required.
• Lead and inform teams of the operational requirements of Major Hazard Facilities. • Advise Management on potential operational issues.
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone. Solution and outcome driven and use a problem-solving mindset to generate solutions and paths forward when challenges arise.
Required Skills/Qualifications • Significant experience in an operating asset from the chemical manufacturing, hydrocarbon processing or related industry of which:
o Site Superintendent/Facility Manager/Installation Manager experience. o Operations Readiness, Commissioning and Start-up experience for major brownfield or greenfield projects
• Trade or engineering background qualification. • Experience in recruiting, developing and training operational teams.
• Excellent engagement skills across all business levels as this role engages across many functional stakeholders to set up the new business • Experience developing and implementing strategies, processes, and procedures to support operating assets.
• Experience in developing maintenance and asset management procedures and philosophies • Experience with regulatory framework for MHF process facilities would be desirable
• Experience in renewable energy technology would be highly regarded
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.