You will be joining a company actively persuing their sustainability targets located in the Rotterdam area.
Your role within our team and in creating a sustainable future encompasses several key responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for success in this role should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Ensuring the safe and compliant operations at three locations, specifically focusing on achieving zero accidents and fostering a strong safety culture within the teams at Maasvlakte.
- Leading a team of 5 shift supervisors in accordance with the clients' values and leadership principles.
- Ensuring adequate shift manning to maintain safe logistics operations and promoting competency development within the operations team.
- Supporting the personal development of individual team members and fostering leadership growth within the team as a whole.
- Acting as a champion of change, leading by example, and ensuring thorough follow-up of forward/pulse surveys within the teams to drive high engagement and cultivate a strong safety culture within the department.
- Monitoring logistics performance and implementing corrective measures as necessary to optimize plant efficiency.
- Collaborating with SCM to align logistics and supply chain production planning goals with site capabilities and maintenance plans.
- Maintaining up-to-date and controlled documents related to logistics operations in NMS.
- Implementing learnings from incidents and Root Cause Analysis to continuously improve logistics work processes.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the maintenance superintendent to ensure alignment for maintenance execution works related to the logistics infrastructure in order to achieve reliable operation and meet business targets.
- Managing contacts with third-party suppliers as needed for operational matters.
- By fulfilling these responsibilities, you will play a crucial role in our team and contribute to the creation of a sustainable future.
We appreciate the value of these additional qualifications:
- HBO level or Bachelor's or university degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in the Petrochemical industry, with at least 3-5 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Knowledge of health and safety protocols during commissioning and start-up.
- Proficiency in identifying health hazards and implementing risk control measures.
- Experience in developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
- A track record of analytical thinking and successfully resolving complex challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams effectively.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.