NES Fircroft are working with a major oil and gas client who is looking to add an Operations Technician to their Dorset facility.
You will safely operate the site and
prepare for maintenance activities within the operational and maintenance procedures, and to carry out site checks and report any inconsistencies. You will be required to conduct the role of Performing Authority and Isolating Authority within the
permit to work system, and to create and review Maintenance Preparation procedures and Process operation procedures. This role operates on a regular shift pattern of 7 x 12 hour days, 3 off, 7 x 12 hour nights, 18 off. There will be 15 contracted shifts to be worked during the year out with the rotated pattern. Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- Actively participate in any incident investigations and assist the team on determining root cause.
- Complete maintenance and operations routines as defined in Maximo (Maintenance Management System) and ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects.
- Contribute to production upset investigations to establish root cause for production deferrals.
- Prepare Work Control Certificates and Isolation Control Certificates for vendor mobilisations and ensure that any spares required are ordered or available
- Prepare plant for maintenance, including hydrocarbon freeing for containment breaks, and take all necessary steps to safely return the equipment to service with GOC work packs completed to the standard required
- Control isolations and permits as per the responsibilities of a Performing Authority and Isolating Authority
- Update P&ID drawings & procedures for submission into document revision process.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Implement all relevant policies and procedures as defined within the Operating Management System.
- Strong technical background qualified to a minimum of HNC or equivalent
- We are looking for an individual who has completed a time served trade apprenticeship
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
- Knowledge / skills of: SIRP (Safe Isolation and Re-instatement of Plant), PTW (Permit of Work/Safe System of Work), Process Safety, ORA (Operational Risk Assessment)
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North
on 07708 297 513
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.