The Position and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the delivery of the wind farm cable design, supply, installation and commissioning including all burial and protection requirements of the submarine array cables. You will report to the technical manager. As a person you have a hands-on approach, and you team up with the other packages within the project.
Your main responsibilities and tasks are:
• Efficient and effective preparation of basic design to engineering, procurement, manufacturing, transport, installation and commissioning of your package. Following handover to operation, in accordance with good wind industry practices.
• Overall set up of the package execution plan, incl. budget.
• Ensure safe and on budget implementation of the execution plan.
• Ensure key milestones in the planning are met and reported.
• Management of the supply- and service contracts relating to the package.
• Coordinate with the leads and direct engineering support from work streams in an efficient and effective manner within the package (e.g. Engineer/General Consultant, T&I, Q/A)
• You are Final Decision-making authority in relation to package topics up to a value as defined in the authority matrix and according to the approved budget.
• Minimize use of contingency for the package.
We are looking for:
• 10+ years of work experience with big and complex projects in oil & gas, energy or offshore (wind).
• Engineering background on a Bachelor or Master level.
• Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage own workload, meet timescales and coordinate external and internal stakeholders.
• You have experience with working in an international environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Chinese is an advantage.
• Willingness to travel or temporarily relocate to Taiwan.
• Strong team player, willingness to learn, self-starting and highly motivated.
• Work in a structured manner and ability to structure the documentation.
• In possession of full GWO
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.