NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is recruiting Permit To Work Coordinator in Kitimat, BC
for a long term contract. This is a Monday to Friday role, working 50 hours per week. Accommodations are provided. Candidates must be local to the area or willing to relocate.
Reporting to the PtW Implementation Lead, the PtW coordinator provides quality assurance and compliance check on permits prepared in the common facilities area to ensure that permits are of consistent quality and that all safety and compliance requirements are always met. Moreover the PTW Coordinator assures that the PtW process is upheld and tracks the KPI’s relevant for the PtW process enabling early detection of unwanted trends and escalation thereof.
- Act as Super User/SME for the Permit Vision system tool
- Screen permits prepared in common facilities area including the risk assessment and mitigation plan, isolation and LOTO plan and ensure that controls are in line with the PtW manual, local regulations and HSSE Control framework
- Elevate the need to add PtW issuing resources should the number of permits per day exceed the predefined limits
- Prepare the PtW and LOTO preparations work to be done by the night shift enabling every day to start smoothly with well-prepared permits, isolations and gas tests
- Act as site focal point for PtW and safe isolation work process and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Deliver PtW and safe isolation specific training and refreshers to asset operations and maintenance personnel as well as contractor staff as and when required
- Monitor and publish PtW process KPIs on a monthly basis and instill a continuous improvement mindset with the PtW issuing team
- Excute surveillance on PtW applicant’s compliance to the PtW manual and elevate applicant’s complaints to the Head of Operations to provide adequate follow-up
- Act as super user for Company’s electronic PtW system
During EXECUTE phase of the project (including commissioning, start up and ramp up):
- Lead the operations readiness delivery taskforce to setup and implement Company’s CSU hybrid PtW system and Operate phase electronic PtW system
- Setup and implement Company’s transition PtW system to be used during early operation
- Own and conduct a PtW readiness plan and assessment applying a test environment that can serve to ensure the CSU roll-out will go smooth in context of lessons learnt from past mega projects
- Take ownership in defining the specifications for the LOTO hardware procurement enabling timely outfitting of the E-houses and sub stations. Support Operations training lead and operations trainers to identify PtW and safe isolation training requirements and develop and deliver training material
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 15+ years experience in plant operations at Gas Processing facilities/LNG plant or Refining operations
- Previous Shell experience in similar role, and with implementation of Permit Vision system, especially in LNG or large scale refinery/manufacturing complex will be advantageous
- Experience in mega projects and CSU roles
- In depth understanding of PtW and safe isolation and LOTO work processes, process safety fundamentals and appreciation for overall job execution workflow is must
- Adopt a mindset of making things work and making it safe as PtW process requires to be set-up from scratch, so be pragmatic yet know when to intervene and elevate issues
- Do not feel shy to ask for help since this is a formidable task and the ORCSU and asset team aspires to be a high-reliability team that collaborates
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.