New Contract Opportunity!! Piping Designer
NES is actively seeking an experienced Piping Designer coming from an Oil/Gas/Chemicals background for a full-time contract position with our client based in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte!! This position would be at our client's Lithium HQ and would be responsible for new project design execution for in-house piping projects at the site.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resume directly to email@example.com along with their availability.
The Engineering group needs a Piping Designer to assist with ongoing and new project execution, including document management for both Site and Project files. Join us to help drive new technologies and materials to scale and accelerate the Electric Vehicle revolution.
The Piping Designer must be able to work independently with minimum supervision. The candidate needs to be a self-starter and able to research design details independently, as well as question the engineer’s basic design.
- Provide Detail Design and Construction Packages for small in-house projects
- Perform field measurements to locate piping and equipment Tie-Ins in existing Plant areas
- Provide 3D Model reviews for in-house projects
- Assist with 3rd party Mechanical piping and equipment layout reviews
- Provide project closeout including As-Builts for Plant record
- Provide component sketches, drawings and 3D models for R&D group
- Develop CAD block libraries and site drafting standards
- Revise site drawing & equipment indexes
- Onsite at King’s Mountain, NC w/Hybrid schedule.
- Able to complete field work, field measurements, and isometric hand sketches
- Autodesk Products (Intermediate to Expert): AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Navisworks & Inventor
- Piping design both 2D and 3D
- Piping Support design
- Able to do extensive field work (squat, climb, kneel) on occasion
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Able to perform 3D Laser Scans and incorporate into new Models
- Light Civil/Structural design capability (foundation & rebar copied from existing design)
- Autocad Plant 3D, LISP.
- Welding design, symbols & standards
- Construction package development
- 10+ years of Designer experience, with 5+ years of Chemical or Manufacturing plant experience
- Extensive field experience relative to total experience
- Associate’s degree in engineering, CAD design, or other related training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Windows software suite (Outlook, Excel)
Experience working in a fast paced environment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.