Our client an Energy industry giant are looking for a Piping Designer / Projection P3 Services to join their team based from their facilities in Gonfreville-l'Orcher, France.
Candidates wanting to apply for this role must be happy to work Mon – Fri in Normandy.
MISSIONS / SERVICE DIMENSIONS
In Energy industry, the designer / modeler will, from Basis of Design, specifications, ESDs, PFDs, PIDs, SLDs, equipment list, tie-in list, layouts of existing facilities, piping and installation rules of the customer, define layouts (Plot plan, Piping Layout, field layout, pipelines layouts, Isometrics) and 3D model of surface facilities (Brownfields & Greenfields). The service holder will also be able to manage the interfaces with technical engineers: structure, piping, pipeline, process, safety etc.
1. Assist the design & safety engineers on the definition of the surface facilities (brownfield & Greenfield), onshore & offshore
2. Perform installation studies (vs concept selected) during preliminary, conceptual & pre-project studies.
3. Capability to size installations from benchmark (s) when appropriate data is not available.
4. Respond effectively to technical issues (Knowledge in Geodesy, Structure, civil work, piping, E&I disciplines).
5. Knowledge and respect of standards and regulations on installation, drafting and 3D modeling.
6. Know how on BFDs, PFDs, PIDs, layouts & 3D models: good reading, interpretation & exploitation.
7. Assist the Design Engineer and Safety Engineer during technical and quality reviews, presentations, animations.
8. Participate to 3D Model reviews with critical analysis for construction, maintenance, operation, safety aspects.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
Projection P3 is within the OT/PJC/DEF/ENG entity, headquarters, composed of an experienced team of 2D & 3D designers & 3D administrators.
This team is supporting the design engineers for the definition of surface facilities: onshore, offshore, deep-water for brownfield & greenfield studies (during preliminary, conceptual, pre-project phases) and for all energies, respecting safety requirements, schedule, costs & quality.
DURATION / LOCATION
• Starting date: ASAP
• Duration : 12 months
• Renewable : yes
• Location: TRTG – Gonfreville L’Orcher
• Country/site: France/Normandy
• Status: Residential
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Qualification: General engineering degree or university equivalent
• Languages: French fluent & English good level
• Professional Experience / Experience within project: with successful experience in a design office in energy industry > 10 years.
• Very Good Know how in general installation principles & high autonomy.
• Very Good aptitude in drawing and design (CAO / DAO).
• Very good knowledge of 2D / 3D CAD tools: AutoCad PDMS and E3D are essential.
• Ability to work in a team is essential, you demonstrate enthusiasm, responsiveness and rigor.
• Potential short missions (Europe / International)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.