Planning and Control Manager
- Contract length: 12 months renewable
- Location: Luanda, Angola
- Highly attractive day rate
The Planning and Control Manager reports directly to the Project Director.
The Planning and Control Manager is primarily responsible for the analysis, review and control of the project schedule and linked project control tools. He/She ensures the assessment of the schedule and progress to achieve the contractual dates by:
- Ensuring the implementation of all requirements in compliance with the client’s Renewables corporate procedures and guidelines.
- Being fully aware of the Power Purchase Agreement, EPC Contract, O&M Agreement and various Project Agreements. Manage the stakeholders effectively in line with the Contracts;
- Ensuring the EPC Contractor’s compliance with all the Planning and Control procedures included in the EPC Contract;
- Analyzing, reviewing and approving the Project Baseline schedule, together with the Project Control Plan and different reporting tools (including KPIs files).
- Intensively reviewing and tracking of the critical path, ensuring the EPC is properly reporting it and analyzing/allocating plans to mitigate the delays ahead of time.
- Assisting with all project meetings, progress and/or discipline technical meetings with the EPC Contractor;
- Monitoring and checking the EPC Contractors’ work across each discipline to ensure the timely delivery of the works, including a detailed review of the project KPIs following the different Contractual tools to be implemented;
- Leading the review of the progress reports (daily, weekly and monthly) prepared by the EPC Contractor;
- Leading the preparation of the internal monthly report to be submitted to the different stakeholders, and reviewing it with the PD/CEO, in addition to the internal reports to TE REN.
- Providing the Project Director with the inputs for the monthly progress reports and relevant information to check EPC Contractor invoices;
- In cooperation with the discipline Managers, follows up with the actual progress versus planned values, ensures that the critical activities are executed according to the schedule, and looks for opportunities to create margin within the critical path, analyses the works and imposes optimizations towards the Contractor where possible, and evaluates and approves all recovery plans for delayed activities to secure the overall schedule.
- Specific understanding and exposure to PV projects with a minimum of 2 to 3 projects driven from LNTP/NTP until COD.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction of power plants (technology based).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- EPC background and experience is a must.
- Experience in the MENA region working in an EPC Company will be considered a plus.
- Experience working with EPC Contractors, directly as an EPC Contractor or as an Owner.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) OR equivalent certification is preferred.
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- IT proficiency in Primavera and MS Excel, and preferably in MS Project, MS Word and Powerpoint or similar.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.