Do you have engineering experience, and are you seeking a new job in Portugal? NES Fircroft is helping a global technology and services provider find a Principal Naval Architect, and the full-time role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
As a Principal Naval Architect, you will provide subject matter expert (SME) level technical leadership, expertise and support. You will undertake the technical supervision of engineering work in coordination with help from the Discipline Manager.
In your first few weeks in this flexible role, you can expect to:
- Perform stability analysis for pre-service and in-service conditions
- Undertake global performance analysis, including Design Load Case philosophy, motion analysis, airgap analysis and load calculations
- Manage active ballast system specification and modelling
- Oversee internal engineering interface with structures, marine systems, mooring/cables and Installation.
To apply for this role, you will need a Master's or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.) You will also require the following:
- Proven technical expertise and leadership skills in the field of hydrodynamics, aerodynamics and structural dynamics
- Comprehensive experience in performing, reviewing and supervising aerodynamic and hydrodynamic analysis, design and engineering deliverables
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in the design of floating offshore structures for pre-FEED/FEED/detailed design
- Proficiency in two or more programing languages (Python or Matlab)
- Good technical skills (numerical modeling and data analysis)
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience working with hydrodynamics and aerodynamics tools such as Rhino, Orca3D, WAMIT, OrcaFlex and openFAST or equivalent software.
If you’re looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you'll be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
We'd love you to apply for this full-time Principal Naval Architect job in Portugal, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please contact NES Fircroft today.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.