Process Automation Manager
Our client is currently recruiting for a Process Automation Manager to join the Engineering Team at their Greatham site.
The overall purpose of the Process Automation Manager role is to be accountable for the overall operation of the DCS and local PLC systems across Greatham site. This includes their overall maintenance and reliability, along with overseeing and managing structural and program changes to control and minimise DCS system related production threats. Job responsibilities include:
Candidate requirements: Job-Related work experience, Skills/Knowledge Requirements:
- Implement approaches to DCS/PLC systems maintenance and reliability to ensure minimised production impact.
- Monitor DCS/PLC system performance and ensure that they function in accordance with plant needs and delivers the required reliability and uptime.
- Understand DCS/PLC systems capacity and capability to ensure sufficient capability, licenses for ongoing efficient operation and potential site improvements.
- Manage reliability risks to these systems such as obsolescence.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance regimes are in place, spares levels are controlled and DCS/PLC system contracts are managed.
- Define and get agreement for the overall site forward strategy and development of the DCS/PLC systems. Implementation of continuous improvement modifications to DCS and PLC system, including design, evaluation and deployment.
- Maintain and improve standards, procedures and system manuals for Greatham site DCS/PLC.
- Provide technical expertise, assessment and collaboration for site technical personnel and project team for all proposed DCS / PLC system changes.
- Coordinate all proposed DCS/PLC system changes to ensure these are addressed in a prioritised way, in alignment with overall site objectives. Ensure all system changes are documented and approved according to site standards.
- Live and demonstrate behaviours that drive a positive values-based culture.
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation.
- Engineering or advanced process control graduate, or equivalent vocational qualification.
- 10+ years practical experience in managing and maintaining complex plant control systems.
- Extensive DCS programming experience and exposure to PLC control protocols.
- Experience in programme or project management and specific role within project delivery as DCS Manager.
- Experience in Configuration Management and Control of safety related control systems and production systems
- Experience of Management of Change (MoC) processes and implementation of them in a DCS management environment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.