NES Fircroft is delighted to be partnering with a major Chemical Manufacturing plant looking to add a Process Control / DCS Engineer to their Hull based facility.
This position will be employed on a contract basis, outside of IR35, open to Ltd Companies. Duration will initially be approximately 18-24 months. Strong rates are on offer and roles will be required to work on site Mon – Fri in Hull.
To be considered, candidates must have existing right to work in the UK. Accountabilities of the Role
- Regulatory control design, implementation, and maintenance to provide robust, stable control of the plant processes.
- Traditional advanced control design (excluding multivariable), implementation and maintenance to provide robust improvement of plant profitability and asset optimisation.
- Continuous improvement of plant process control including alarm management and use of associated applications.
- Graphic User Interfaces (GUI) implementation and support for operator and engineering functions.
- Control modelling and data analysis to supplement control strategies and gain useful information from large volumes of data; and
- Software installation and maintenance to ensure up to date and reliable operation of control applications.
- Provide specialist engineering support for SIS systems, for life cycle phases of design, development, modification, commissioning and ensure compliance with industry and company standards.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and implementing opportunities to improve the safety, reliability and operability performance.
- Support manufacturing team SIL reviews and MAF development; and
- Ensure that the integrity of the site’s SIS logic solvers are maintained to the appropriate standard.
- Design, implement and document DCS hardware changes ensuring compliance with Hull site procedures and working practices.
- Manage the DCS systems including system configuration, backups and general system reliability and cyber security.
- Conduct DCS system maintenance routines and manage site DCS spares and hot spares system.
- Provide interface support for equipment linked to the process controls, such as shutdown systems and switchgear; and
- Investigate, diagnose and repair faults on DCS related systems.
- DCS/SIS engineering experience, including Honeywell TPS/Experion control system and FSC/SM safety systems gained whilst working on continuous refinery/chemical processes. Honeywell DCS hardware knowledge, fault finding and troubleshooting.
- Design and implementation of Honeywell graphic user interface (GUI).
- Regulatory control, implementation, and maintenance:
- Knowledge of control system algorithms and functions.
- Design of classical regulatory control strategies.
- Tuning and troubleshooting.
- Advanced control design, implementation, and maintenance:
- Knowledge of traditional advanced control techniques.
- Understand algorithms and process economics to achieve control objectives.
- Control modelling and data analysis:
- Design and implementation of dynamic or steady state models to supplement control strategies.
- Statistical analysis to gain useful information from large volumes of data.
- Safety instrumented system, implementation, and maintenance:
- Solid concepts of reliability, availability, functionality, SIL, risk reduction and SIS in the process industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of Honeywell FSC/SM technology and interface with TPS/Experion.
- Knowledge of safety system algorithms and functions.
- Knowledge of SIS design standards (company and industry) and principles.
- Familiar with cause-and-effect matrix charts for safety instrumented systems.
- Knowledge of the chemical engineering processes.
- Plant commissioning support.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.