NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking 3 to 4 Process Operators near Fort McMurray, AB. These roles are camp-based with company sponsored fly in/fly out options from Edmonton and Calgary. The shift is 7/7, 12 hours per day – rotating days and nights.
In this dynamic role, you will operate a variety of equipment, gain knowledge of process operations, and then with proper development and competencies may have the opportunity to progress to a main control room operator. The Process Operator will be responsible for operating process equipment in a safe, reliable, and productive manner. Key Accountabilities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have safety as a core value with an excellent work ethic, a proactive attitude, be a self starter, possess high level standards, equipment ownership, pride in their workplace with the ability to climb ladders and be at heights of 100+ feet, while working in all climates including -25 and less sometimes for extended periods
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), including review of and improvement to existing SOP’s, develop new SOP’s as required, participate in safety audits and safety programs and maintain a safe work environment
- Ensuring proper turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Safely operate, monitor, adjust, and maintain process equipment to ensure production rates are achieved while rotating between different processing units within Primary Upgrading including sampling hydrocarbons and Boiler Feed water, recording and analyzing unit data, and adjusting unit parameters to meet product specifications
- Review and evaluate equipment deficiencies and if required initiate maintenance work requests followed by preparing equipment as necessary for maintenance activities using Lock Out/Tag Out Standards Prioritize, including issuing and authorizing of Safe Work Permits within qualified units.
- Develop competencies to effectively troubleshoot and problem-solve operating issues that will impact safety, reliability or production
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a refinery, petro-chemical or oil sands upgrading facilities, with preference being given to those with heavy oil/ crude distillation, and operating units such as Distillation, Atmospheric, Vaccuum and Delayed Cokers
- Some commissioning and start-up experience with heavy oil equipment would be considered an asset but not required
- College diploma (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Petroleum Engineering Technology, or related subject would be considered.
- Desire to get a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate, with preference being given to candidates holding a 4th Class Power Engineering Certification
- High School Diploma or demonstrated equivalent and a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.