Our client is looking for an experienced operator to join our expanding team in Selby. We are constructing a small carbon capture plant at an established site and require an experienced Operative to run the plant under the supervision of the operations manager. This full-time Operative role comes with a favourable contract rate.
As a Plant Operator, you will run a small carbon capture plant at the site and supervise the operations manager. Typically, there will be just 2 or 3 team members running the plant during daytime hours, where the plant will be operated under full automation 24/7.
If you were already working for us in this flexible role, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
When not operating:
- Run the plant from the control panel to achieve stable operation
- Collect process data and work this into the provided spreadsheets
- Manage data storage of the point data
- Take and measure samples using simple analytical procedures such as Karl Fischer and titration.
- Manage sample storage locally
- Monitor the plant daily with walkarounds and visual inspections
- Develop an understanding of the plant behaviour, to anticipate troubles and ameliorate them
- Arrange for periodic instrument calibration
- Maintain the unit fully, with assistance from the mechanical and electrical specialists
- Assist in commissioning work or re-commissioning work
- Be both permit-to-work issuer and permit acceptor, depending on need
- Be able to manage isolations as needed by permitting requirements.
- Overhaul the plant as required, for jobs such as valve changes, draining, cleaning, flushing
- Take the initiative in managing any waste materials produced
- Take a lead on local housekeeping
- Act as back-up to the operations manager when required
- Drive the forklift truck for construction, maintenance, deliveries etc.
- Take a leading role in achieving safety standards on site, especially working with chemical fluids
- Maintain all analytical equipment in a state of readiness with current calibrations
- Be proactive in anticipating what is required to maintain continuous operations
- Actively engage with daily operations meetings
To succeed in this flexible role, you should have prior experience running chemical plants at an operator level. You'll also need:
- Good mechanical competence with small hand tools
- Additional skills such as electrics, electronics, PLC programming, mechanical engineering, plumbing, and laboratory skills (advantageous)
- Experience with PTW - Issue Authority
- Mechanical/Electrical Background
- SCADA Controls Experience
- With a strong back ground in oil and gas and/or Petrochemical and/or power generation.
As a vital member of the team and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, we will provide a favourable contract rate and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
Please reach out to our team today to apply and register your interest for this contract Process Operator position in Leeds area. They'd be thrilled to hear from you. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.