Our client is a global manufacturer of Speciality Chemicals and Polymers and due to continued growth, they are now looking to add a Process Safety Engineer to their team. You will define and deliver process safety support and studies in line with business demands and recommend proposals to improve process safety performance and meet regulatory / compliance requirements. Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Provide process safety related technical design competence and guidance
- Develop and implement management strategies for non-compliance with legislative practices by identifying gaps and agreeing work programmes to address and mitigate such gaps
- Lead/support planning and implementation of the Process Hazards Analysis programmes including chairing PHAs or Safety Engineering Reviews and/or identifying appropriate resource to chair
- Leads/support LOPAs reviews
- Regularly reviews the status of process safety information and identifies gaps and develops improvement plans
- Provide approval for Plant Modifications with process safety impact to ensure robustness of management of change process
- Manages the review and update of the local area COMAH reports to meet legislative requirements. Provides input to the complex COMAH establishment report as required
- Ensure, along with the other members of the Process safety network, that a full range of process safety related skills are available to the complex and that gaps are identified as required.
- Provide key share of chemical engineering/operational conscience for the Asset area, balancing production demands in light of ongoing and future process safety, integrity and environmental operating standards.
- Be a chartered chemical engineer with significant experience in petrochemical or refinery operations
- Strong technical skills – specifically in process safety area.
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complicated systems and regulations.
- Have risk assessment skills – knowledge of specific tools required and ability to interpret results.
- Demonstrate awareness of human factors influence on process safety.
- Be TUV Certified or experience with Safety Instrumented Systems Lifecycle.
- Experience with the interpretation of results from QRAs
- Certified Hazard Study Leader or able to attain
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North
on 07708 297 513
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.