Our client is a global manufacturer of Petrochemicals, with a core product range in acetic acid and acetic anhydride. Due to continued growth of the business, they are now looking to recruit a Process Safety Engineer to provide process safety leadership and technical expertise in support of safe, reliable, and compliant operations. With a working knowledge of procedures and practices associated with process hazard and risk, you will be the expert providing technical advice on a broad range of process safety issues. Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- You will manage the process safety agenda for an upper tier COMAH site and is critical to business continuity as one of its’ objectives is to ensure legislative compliance, whilst actively conforming with business requirements and promoting good practice.
- Site technical authority and expert in process safety providing support for the manufacturing assets in both compliance and development. This includes proactively networking and monitoring operating assets in order to identify efficiencies or conflicts with process safety programmes, providing support where needed, to mitigate or solve issues through improvements, asset plans and projects.
- Owner of Hull site specific practices and procedures such as site standing orders (SSOs), process safety practices (PAPs) and other relevant safety standards, making sure they conform with group standards such as the IGGNs, Life Saving Rules and the 20 Safety Principles
- Lead activities that help identify, mitigate and manage risk and hazard in the goal of safe, reliable and compliant operations, this includes ownership of, but is not limited to; PHA, ALARP, emerging risk process, site risk register, occupied buildings and Barrier Assurance
- Act as MOC specialist approver in the capacity of process safety for both capital and revenue projects, as needed.
- Trained HazOp and LOPA leader, responsible for leading Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment reviews
- Site point of contact for process safety related software, including those used for hazard identification, risk assessment, consequence modelling (such as PHAST) and QRA (such as SAFETI)
- Candidates will hold a Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Experience in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry
- Technical knowledge applicable to process safety, with proven experience in manufacturing industries through either HSE, process safety, projects or turnarounds within the Petrochemical or Refining industries
- Experience of legislation applicable to a Top Tier COMAH site
- Experience working with the Health and Safety Executive and the Environmental Agency would be an advantage
- A trained HAZOP / LOPA Leader with a proven record of working with process safety practices and processes that includes HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, SIL, ATEX, DSEAR, QRA etc.
- A good working knowledge of process safety risk assessment tools, consequence modelling techniques and running models to support the site quantified risk assessment work.
- Relevant system design experience including the development of PFDs, P&IDs, technical reports and specifications, control philosophies, layout development / safety assessments of plot plans, and associated documentation and system modelling capability.
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North
on 07708 297 513 or Ashleigh.North@nesfircroft.com
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.