Product Developer Packaging Engineer
Are you ready for a challenge?
Who are we?
Laerdal Medical is a world leader in healthcare education and resuscitation training that uses immersive technologies and data-centric insights to increase survival and improve healthcare quality. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, first aid organizations, educational institutions, and others around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. Our goal is to help save one million more lives, every year, by 2030, and to do so sustainably.
About the role
Our team is looking for a Packaging Engineer to be vital person in enhancing Laerdal's packaging solutions. Collaborate on innovative designs, modifications, and standardization, ensuring scalability across diverse Laerdal products at the same time as you increase the sustainability. Your expertise will shape the future of our packaging and increase re-useability across multiple Laerdal products.
Some of what you will be doing
- Collaborate with our industrial designer on the design of new packaging and transport cases
- Make improvements by modifying existing packaging solutions and consistently updating specifications.
- Conduct thorough Lifecycle Analyses to ensure the longevity and sustainability of our packaging solutions.
- Write technical requirements in collaboration with product teams to ensure documentation.
- Coordinate and conduct important technical verification testing, including drop tests and vibration tests, to guarantee the reliability of our solutions.
- Perform rigorous item verification of supplier samples, ensuring adherence to specifications.
- Be the expert in Laerdal by keeping up with the latest testing standards, regulatory requirements, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- Collaborate with sourcing to understand the technical capabilities of our manufacturing partners, optimizing lead times and efficiency.
- Work closely with sustainability and materials experts to reduce the environmental impact of our solutions.
- Facilitate design reviews of packaging solutions with product teams, manufacturing, shipping, and logistics, ensuring seamless collaboration.
- Contribute to standardizing designs alongside the packaging team, fostering a culture of excellence and consistency.
- Analyze and optimize internal packaging processes by establishing standards and guidelines for packaging development to minimize waste and costs, ensuring efficiency throughout our operations.
Who we envision would fit the role
- Bachelor or Master’s degree within mechanical engineering, industrial design engineering, packaging engineering
- 2+ years of experience within product packaging
- Strong collaboration skills in cross-disciplinary teams
- Likes to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and teams inside the organization.
- Experience with product lifecycle management
Some of what we can offer you
At Laerdal, you will get the opportunity to learn, develop, and innovate and you will be a part of an international working environment where the possibility to make an impact is endless.
- An interesting and important job contributing to our mission
- Great opportunities for growth and personal development
- A multicultural office environment and collaboration with colleagues located around the world
- A creative, diverse, and inclusive organization
- A job in a company driving forward-thinking technology
- Competitive salary, pension scheme, and insurance
- An extensive welfare program with company benefits such as discounted public transport, indoor bicycle garage, and workshop, wardrobe with towel service, social and sports groups, company cabins, and more
For more information about the position, contact Torgeir Engelsen (Torgeir.Engelsen@laerdal.com)
To apply for the role please send us your CV and application letter through our application portal by 06.12.23.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we use Semac background checks in our recruitment process.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.