NES Fircroft is happy to announce a brand-new Production Technician role available in the Hopewell, VA area. This position is responsible for operating a cryogenic Air Separation Unit (ASU). The production technician is also responsible for maintaining plant production, operating efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety. If this sounds like a great fit for you or anyone you know, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Hopewell, VA
Hours: 40 hours per week
Duration: 3- month contract with opportunity for permanent
● Monitors and maintains the safe operation of an Air Separation Facility which produces cryogenic products.
● Controls flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC system
● Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base adjusting flows and production rates
● Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
● Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to maintain quality assurance.
● Prepares and maintains accurate records in accordance with all safety, quality, regulatory and production requirements, such as plant readings, plant maintenance, instrument calibrations, etc…
● Identifies potential problems from collected data
● Responds to plant/production disturbances (on-call).
● Determines if immediate maintenance action is required and acts appropriately.
● Performs complex plant functions, including DERIME and warm plant start-ups.
● Performs preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment.
● Responsible to troubleshoot, repair and calibrate process and system problems to restore efficient operations, including PLC, DCS, and other computer interface stations; control valves, pneumatic and electronic control equipment and instruments.
● Takes initiative to improve facility (i.e. operations, reliability, and costs) without direction.
● Performs administrative functions, i.e. requisitioning, purchasing, production accounting, and payroll record-keeping (closure of PO’s and receiving / time inputting)
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two years technical college or military technical experience and 2 plus years of operating an Air Separation Plant or related industrial experience.
● Critical thinking – ability to work independently to troubleshoot, diagnose & solve issues with process and plant equipment.
● Requires the use of considerable judgment to recognize plant process problems and interpret malfunctions to make decisions accordingly.
● Requires the ability to use common hand tools and test equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment..
● Water Treatment – understand the water treatment principles and equipment a plus.
● Refrigeration - A basic understanding of refrigeration systems a plus.
● Air Separation - A basic understanding of air separation and associated technologies a plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.