OneSubsea, located in Mobile, Alabama is looking to add a Production Technician.
Under general supervision, the Technician is responsible for assembling and testing complex mechanical assemblies, often to close tolerances. Responsible for ensuring all work packages are processed in order, and equipment/ parts are assembled according to specifications. Executes work as defined in the Work Order package. Individual is expected to follow all safety and quality guidelines to ensure equipment is delivered according to specifications. No sponsorship. Must be willing to live and work on-site in Mobile, Alabama. What will you be doing
We think you should have
- Actively participate in the umbilical production process, gaining and maintaining competence in one or more Production areas.
- Continuously observe the umbilical process; monitors, signals, and equipment; and receive notification, by intercommunications, from control supervisor to make specified operating adjustments on such equipment as brakes, pumps, primary wheels, reels, compressors, water chillers, line speed, etc.
- Operate closing Epic.
- Develop understanding of spooling route construction and accumulator construction.
- Develop basic understanding of spooling of umbilicals to installation reels.
- Operate and control carousels/tensioners.
- Participate in all Closing, Extrusion and Load-out pre-meetings and assist with closing/bundling, extrusion, and load-out operations.
- May operate forklift and/or overhead crane.
- Adhere to HSSE and Quality Standards.
- Become certified as an outer sheathing repairer.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of Manufacturing/Assembly experience required. Experience from mechanical production, may include operating/working around heavy production equipment and/or chemical processes, millwright, pipe fitter, welding, control room operator, or other relevant experience.
- Overhead crane and forklift certification
- Knowledge of production line automation, preferred
- Ability to understand procedures/JSAs/work instructions
- Ability to operate machines and hand power tools.
- Good organization, interpersonal, and interaction skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possesses the ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and/or blueprints.
- Sound mechanical knowledge including threads and thread forms, limits and fits, measuring units and conversions, basic math and mechanics, and properties of materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
Interested applicants - please apply directly to the role. This is a direct hire opportunity.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.