A permanent opportunity for a Civil/Structural Project Engineer required for a growing EPC contractor specializing in the installation of utility substations, power generation, industrial process facilities, and renewable fuel projects. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Project Engineer – Civil/Structural shall have extensive experience in managing & leading the civil and structural design for large utility or industrial facilities (substations, power generation, refinery, chemical plants, etc). The Engineer will be required to apply principles, knowledge, and practices of civil and structural engineering for timely identification, analysis, and resolution of design related issues during project development, FEL engineering, and detailed design stages of projects.
The Project Engineer – Civil/Structural shall be responsible for the direct oversight of the execution of the civil and structural engineering and design by engineering subcontractors.
Project Engineer – Civil/Structural shall have extensive knowledge of the applicable codes and standards to large industrial facilities.
Support the Engineering Manager in the areas of subcontractor management, development of project reports, and development of internal project budgets. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Lead the coordination and review of our subcontractors civil and structural engineering tasks, identifying design issues, and monitoring progress of all process deliverables and activities and ensure that reports, plans and other deliverables are compliant with all project contract documents and requirements.
- Review engineering contractor’s deliverable with a keen eye towards value engineering, constructability and completeness/correctness.
- Review geotechnical and other subsurface investigation reports
- Support SWPPP, and other site development permitting efforts
- Work with internal engineering team to oversee the engineering subcontractor’s work scope to ensure that the engineering effort is completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Provide technical leadership in overseeing contractors civil, foundation, structural, and building design plans, specifications, and details.
- Understand and apply standards and codes from industry-specific professional organizations such as IBC, ASCE, AISC, and ACI in the review of steel and concrete structure design.
- Review and identify appropriate building materials for use in specific projects
- Independently coordinate directly with subcontractor’s discipline lead engineer to resolve open design points and ensure conformance to project specifications
- Coordinate design review activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements
- Ensure that reports, plans and other deliverables meet the project requirements. When necessary maintain client provided standards on deliverables
- Participate in Client coordination meetings
- Lead and participate in discipline specific Client design reviews and coordination.
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary reports, design criteria documents, drawings specifications (surveys, geotechnical investigations, etc) and other deliverables during the businesses proposal and contract development efforts
- Minimum 10 years of substation/industrial process/power generation facility design engineering experience with a track record of achievement on large complex projects
- Strong technical background in civil, foundation, and structural designs for large industrial facilities.
- Design experience in analysis of underground and above ground structural systems including drainage systems, shallow and deep foundations, above ground structures, and temporary structural systems.
- Technical understanding of piling designs, building materials, techniques and processes for both modular offsite, and traditional onsite construction.
- Thorough knowledge of codes and standards
- Experience as a lead design engineer on multiple industrial facilities.
- Experience developing specifications and preliminary details to support permitting efforts.
- Ability to collaborate with project team members and client entities, demonstrating the leadership capabilities to insure a successful project
- Excellent written and oral skills are required
- P.E. license is not required, but preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.