The Project Engineer – Mechanical shall be responsible for the direct oversight of the execution of process engineering and design by engineering subcontractor. The Project Engineer – Mechanical primarily applies principles, knowledge, and practices of process engineering for timely identification, analysis, and resolution of process related issues during project development, FEL engineering, and detailed design stages of projects.
Project Engineer – Mechanical shall have extensive knowledge of all codes and standards in the mechanical field related to power generation and other industrial related standards.
Project Engineer – Mechanical shall primarily support the Engineering Manager in the areas of subcontractor management, development of project reports, and development of internal project budgetsESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Lead the coordination and review of our subcontractors process engineering tasks, identifying design issues, and monitoring progress of all process deliverables and activities and ensure that reports, plans and other deliverables are compliant with all project contract documents and requirements.
- Review engineering contractor’s deliverable with a keen eye towards value engineering, constructability and completeness/correctness.
- Review vendor drawing submittals for overall compliance with purchase specifications.
- Work with internal engineering team to oversee the engineering subcontractor’s work scope to ensure that the engineering effort is completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Provide technical leadership in coordinating the mechanical design of power generation and other utility type projects.
- Independently coordinate directly with subcontractor’s discipline lead engineer to resolve open design points and ensure conformance to project specifications
- Coordinate design review activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements
- Apply extensive knowledge of API, PIP, and other industry standards in review
- Ensure that reports, plans and other deliverables meet the project requirements. When necessary maintain client provided standards on deliverables
- Participate in Client coordination meetings
- Lead and participate in discipline specific Client design reviews and coordination.
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary reports, design criteria documents, drawings (site, facility, and equipment layout), equipment specifications, and other deliverables during proposal and contract development efforts.
- Position is based in NJ office. Travel to subcontractor’s office(s) and construction site on a regular basis is expected as needed through project execution.
- Minimum 10 years of power generation or other similar utility type engineering experience with a track record of achievement on large complex projects including serving in a leadership capacity on multiple projects
- Strong technical background in the installation and operation of process equipment and associated subsystems
- Experience as a lead design engineer on multiple large scale facilities.
- Experience developing equipment specifications and coordinating with equipment suppliers.
- Ability to collaborate with project team members and client entities, demonstrating the leadership capabilities to insure a successful project
- AutoCAD proficiency is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with equipment vendors to provide optimum solutions to equipment design that will meet or exceed client expectations
- Excellent written and oral skills are required
- P.E. license is not required, but preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.