NES Fircroft is supporting a key Oilfield client based in Fornebu (on the outskirts of Oslo) with a full time, permanent Project Engineering Managerial position. This is a crucial role to the business and you will be involved in some major Offshore and MEG Onshore projects globally.
Often you will be the first point of contact for technical queries from the Client, internal stakeholders, suppliers and contractors during the whole project timeline from sales to commissioning. As such you will manage smooth communication and coordination between the engineering teams, fabricators, suppliers, other project management resources and Clients. Being at the forefront, leading and managing the multidiscipline teams and the engineering activities to drive the overall success of our projects.
Depending on the allocated project scopes, you may be required to simultaneously lead varying engineering teams of multiple execution projects, so teamwork and delegation is essential.
The types of EPC projects you will be involved in, typically have teams consisting of around 40-100+ people across disciplines with a range of 40,000 to 150,000+ manhours. Project budgets may be in the region of 30M – 100MUSD+, depending on the scope.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the engineering activities in one or more dedicated projects, or tenders, reporting to Project Manager
- The engineering activities includes all technical areas like: Process, E&I, Piping, 3D modelling and Structure - it also includes for all interfaces between detailed engineering and fabricators
- Provide all engineering deliverables in one or more projects, according to the Project Execution Model (PEM), and Contract requirements
- Plan and execute the specific project engineering work for dedicated projects in accordance the Project Execution Model (PEM), Contract and Client requirements
- Manage and control the project engineering team, including engineering hours (internal & external) according to allocated budget to the specific project(s)
- This is not a line manager position and though you will not have any direct reports, you will be a key leader in the engineering organization and help, guide and support your project team’s growth and development objectives as they work towards project goals.
COMPETENCE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree (as a minimum) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Relevant experience preferably from oil/gas process systems deliveries
- Experience and knowledge from engineering management in EPC projects
- Strong familiarity with the interfaces between engineering, procurement and fabrication of process/utility/topside modules and skids that consist of rotating & static equipment, piping, valves, instrumentation and ancillary equipment.
- Experience with the interface between engineering and fabrication
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.