We're currently recruiting a Lead Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join our valued client, a global offshore Oil & Gas company who specialise in FPSO construction.
This position is located in Singapore on an initial 8 month contract.
Responsibility and authority
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead Commissioning Engineer responsible for commissioning power generation, switchgear, process and utility electrical equipment
- Supervision of Electrical Commissioning Engineers, Technicians, Contractors and Suppliers
- Provide input and review for project and supplier electrical drawings
- Discipline review and validation of sub system boundary drawings in preparation for commissioning.
- Preparation, and approval for Commissioning Test Procedures as discipline system responsible
- Attend FATs on behalf of project as necessary.
- Work in close cooperation with Mechanical Completions team for system and sub system MC handover.
- Participate in interfaces with Operations, Start-up team, Client, Class and Regulatory Authorities, as required for commissioning execution.
- Adhere to commissioning planning schedule, manage execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Execution of discipline pre-commissioning and commissioning activities and ensuring completion (sign off) for pre-commissioning checksheets and Commissioning Test Procedures as discipline system responsible.
- Ensure compliance to the Company and Yard HSSEQ requirements including Safe Systems of Work / Permit to Work.
- Act as Area Authority in accordance with agreed HSSEQ/PTW Authority Matrix, including approving discipline system / sub-system Isolations and De-isolations.
- Verify competency of Completions and Commissioning personnel.
- Ensure all Commissioning Status Reports, Records, Procedures and Certificates are compiled into the System Completions Dossiers and handed over to Operations.
- Will work in all locations worldwide as required for project including onshore and offshore.
- Must be an Engineering Degree/ Engineering Diploma holder or can verify long relevant experience that may replace formal education.
- Have at least 10+ years extensive experience in a similar role preferably with FPSO / offshore oil & gas.
- Experienced, certified for switching and operation of LV and MV Switchboards and all electrical equipment.
- Previous experience executing commisisoning for lage scale rotating equipment including combined cycle power stations, MV motors and switchgear.
- Demonstrate competency in the inspection and maintenance of hazardous area electrical installations to IECEx units Ex 001, Ex 004, Ex 006, Ex 007 and Ex 008; or AS/NZS 4761.1 units 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7; or CompEx units Ex-02 and Ex-04 for inspection and maintenance of electrical installations in all protection techniques (Ex d, Ex ia, Ex e, Ex p etc).
- Excellent team spirit and proactive attitude.
- High interpersonal skills and cultural awareness with multi-cultural workforce.
- Must have the ability to foresee potential issues and eliminate those issues before they arise.
- Work and communicate well with all parties, including parties that may be hostile to the role.
- High analytical capabilities.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.