NES Fircroft is currently recruiting a Project Lead on behalf of a leading chemical manufacturer at Saltend, Hull. This is an Outside IR35, 12-24 month contract initially. 37.5hrs per week, Mon-Fri on site. Job Purpose
Project Lead reporting to the Project Manager working on a multi-disciplinary engineering project with demanding HSE, technical, schedule and cost targets. Principle Accountabilities
- Deliver project scopes through the various project phases coordinating and integrating the various engineering disciplines, both internal and other 3rd parties.
- Establish and sustain effective working relationships with all project stakeholders, asset teams, technical authorities, project managers so that all study objectives are met.
- Ensure that an effective basis for each project phase is defined with the Asset and other key project stakeholders.
- Monitor scope, cost, schedule and quality and take corrective action as necessary to ensure projects are carried out within agreed timescales and costs.
- Produce the required documentation for the INEOS business which defines project scope and scale while providing a firm base for the business to make a capital investment decision.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to manage moderate uncertainty within scope and capable of resolving ambiguity with stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of budget and schedule and deliver against these targets.
- Knowledge of Petrochemicals design and plant operations onshore and/or offshore.
- Appreciation of project management techniques.
- Ability to manage key interfaces within project (commercial, regulatory, engineering etc)
- Can proactively challenge working practices and engineering standards in an appropriate manner where business and engineering benefits can be achieved
- Can manage external engineering/consultants to an agreed milestone plan.
- Awareness of multi-disciplinary issues which impact on project scope and study definition.
- Good decision making skills within area of expertise.
- Can assess and manage project risk and work to put effective mitigation plans in place.
- Degree qualified engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management experience
- Able to build relationships and communicate effectively within company and with suppliers / contracting partners.
- Self-motivated, well organized, able to work independently, and ability to drive work to completion on a timely basis and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Good understanding of risk management and project controls
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.