NES Fircroft are working alongside a world leader in metallurgical plant solutions and a full-line supplier who are looking to add a Project Manager to their Stockton Office. This role is available on a permanent basis.
This position is a Monday-Friday opportunity with potential for work from home. PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Project Manager manages - with responsibility for results - large and/or simultaneously multiple small projects of comparable total volume / risk with the objective of:
- executing the project to meet the required standard of performance (quality, time, budget and safety)
- ensuring business success and customer satisfaction.
With overall responsibility for the financial outcome of the project, and for management of the project team (not functional responsibility) for the duration of the project.
Maintaining regular contact with people from all functional areas of the Business, including Sales, Legal and Contracts, Commercial Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management , Installation and Commissioning, HR, and Operations. External contacts include customers, sub-contractors, suppliers, consortium partners and other Business Units.
This is a role with plenty of autonomy working as part of a wider Projects team in a friendly, supportive working environment. You will experience plenty of variety working in a hands-on capacity with the ability to adapt your style to influence a vast array of key stakeholders. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
We are looking for someone that is either well established in the field of Project Management or equally an individual who is willing to learn. Our client is a company that will invest in the development of careers and is looking for committed employees who are ready for a challenge. Essential:
- Effective communication – ability to adapt to influence others and give appropriate reasoning.
- Leadership capabilities – the ability to drive and coach high performing teams.
- Project Management principles – objectives, planning, resources, risk analysis, monitoring.
- Market awareness – ability to keep pace with current developments including our competitors.
- Economics understanding - procedures for monitoring and control of financial aspects of a project.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements.
- Experience of contract and claims negotiations.
- Self-motivated and proficient in time management.
- IT literate with all department and business system tools, including MS Office and MS Project.
- Experience and knowledge of the relevant technology area (Metals Industry).
- Group-specific knowledge and interrelations: e.g. context, strategy, targets, processes, tools etc.
- Sector/customer-relevant knowledge: e.g. competitors, customer's strategies, business processes etc.
- Member or working towards membership of the APM or an equivalent professional body.
- Commercially aware and deadline / target orientated.
- Experience of project engineering / project management and the project lifecycle from sales through to commissioning.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and positively. Take an active part in decision making.
- Customer facing project management experience.
- Has been in charge of a team of direct reports.
- Has experience of working abroad. Has worked in teams made up of international members.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to travel without restrictions (UK and internationally) possibly at short notice.
- Hold current UK Driving Licence and valid passport.
- Exposure to different cultures from around the world leading to sensitivity towards differing cultures.
- Must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
The following are desirable requirements for the position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.