Are you ready for a challenge?
Who are we?
Laerdal Medical is a world leader in healthcare education and resuscitation training that uses immersive technologies and data-centric insights to increase survival and improve healthcare quality. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, first aid organizations, educational institutions, and others around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. Our goal is to help save one million more lives, every year, by 2030, and to do so sustainably.
About the role
You will be part of an incredibly talented and driven cross-functional global team; you get to work with product development, management teams, production teams and support teams throughout the world.
This is a high-impact position that will allow you to have a significant effect on strategic choices in a global business. You will also have the chance to collaborate with many people in the organization.
As a vital bridge between technical experts and non-technical stakeholders, you will adeptly facilitate a clear understanding of challenges and tasks for all involved.
Some of what you will be doing
To lead and manage medium to large, high-visibility, high-impact strategic corporate projects and programs making sure the initiative is according to expectations and aligned with Laerdal’ strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with project/program executive to define the objectives while focusing on timely delivery of value
- Create and maintain program, project, and delivery plans; make progress transparent and stakeholders engaged
- Find the right balance between traditional project management principles and practices with Agile development approach to fit the project
- Actively manage risks and issues: create transparency to foster an informed decision-making process and ensure alignment among stakeholders and project team
- Continuously evaluate day to day activities and processes to be leaner, eliminate waste, improve quality, and deliver value
- Assist in assemble the appropriate people, process, and tools, to improve team efficiency and effectiveness. Hold the team accountable for their commitments, mentor and develop project team members. Promote empowerment of the team
- Actively participating in the global Project & Program Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
Who we envision would fit the role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical or business discipline, or evidence of exceptional experience
- Experience in project management is essential and highly sought after, especially when overseeing product development projects involving hybrid hardware and software products.
- Experience with Agile methodology and leading Agile teams/projects is a plus
- Strong analytical skills: able to visualize and present data to create transparency and foster effective decisions making
- Apply and further develops state-of the art project management tools and methodologies
- Demonstrate an understanding of transition and change management principles
- Outgoing, friendly, approachable (team player)
- Able to build strong relationships across the organization and all stakeholders
- Strong communicator across multiple layers, being able to align cross-functional teams with executive teams, and all project stakeholders
- Demonstrates active listening techniques, open to new ideas, willing to compromise
Some of what we can offer you
At Laerdal, you will get the opportunity to learn, develop, and innovate and you will be a part of an international working environment where the possibility to make an impact is endless.
- An interesting and important job contributing to our mission
- Great opportunities for growth and personal development
- A multicultural office environment and collaboration with colleagues located around the world
- A creative, diverse, and inclusive organization
- A job in a company driving forward-thinking technology
- Competitive salary, pension scheme, and insurance
- An extensive welfare program with company benefits such as discounted public transport, indoor bicycle garage, and workshop, wardrobe with towel service, social and sports groups, company cabins, and more
For more information about the position, contact Torgeir Engelsen (Torgeir.Engelsen@laerdal.com)
To apply for the role please send us your CV and application letter through our application portal by 12.09.23.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.