This position will provide Project Management for key expansion projects and enhancements in new and existing facilities in the dynamic environment of a chemical storage terminal.
The position provides expertise, supervision, guidance and control needed to ensure that planning, engineering and construction of physical and technical facilities are performed to the highest standards of safety, quality, performance and cost effectiveness. CAPITAL BUDGET
Typical Operating Capital Budget range is $1,000,000 - $3,000,000. Miscellaneous capital projects can range from $50,000 to $3,000,000 depending on scope and quantity. Expansion project budgets can range from $3,000,000 to $50,000,000 or more. Typical range of project budgets for Project Manager would range from $10,000 to $2,000,000 ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide planning, design, engineering and construction overview of all facilities, equipment and systems needed to maintain the Company's competitive position and assuring alignment with business objectives.
- Planning – Provide the guidance to develop project scopes, preparation of conceptual and detailed cost estimates, develop schematics, detailed drawings and specifications needed for all new construction, expansion or major improvements. Evaluate risks associated with various options.
- Detailed engineering – Provide guidance for development of all discipline detailed engineering.
- Ensure all stakeholders of projects including operations, maintenance, finance, QHSE, management, business development both agree with the scope and are aware of project status.
- Procurement – With assistance from purchasing department develop accurate bid documentation, conduct consultant, contractor and supplier screening, conduct technical and commercial bid evaluations on services and materials.
- Quality control – Work to ensure that contractors and suppliers deliver, in accordance with approved plans, specifications and standards of performance; establish testing and inspection procedures for quality control of all construction activities and technical systems. Provide guidance to the Construction Manager or Contractor to assure Q/C requirements are met on all projects.
- Project Safety - Ensure safe and executable designs and construction safety is implemented and effective. Conduct, or have third party conduct MOC’s, PHA’s, PSSR’s and/or audits as required.
- Reporting - Develop detailed project reports to convey project status to Management and stake holders. These include planned vs. actual or earned progress status, planned vs. actual cash flow, planned vs. actual resources, injuries or OSHA recordables, others as required.
- Create final project job books and other relevant documentation to insure effective handover to Operations and Maintenance.
- Lead projects with internal or external Engineering, Procurement, and Construction scopes. Interface with primary contractors to deliver the project safely, on budget, and on schedule. Work with Procurement to develop contracting strategy.
- Coordinate federal, state or city project permitting.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Cooperate with and support colleagues. Compliance with company policies, including the Code of Conduct, is mandatory.
- ABSENCE: In case of absence, the employee’s superior may assume and/or assign responsibility for this position’s duties.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- At least five (5) years’ experience in professional engineering capacity with a Chemical Storage Terminal, Chemical Plant or Refinery or with a large engineering company or similar multidiscipline engineering organization.
- EPC experience helpful but not required.
- Experience managing several projects ($50k - $5million) in chemical storage terminal construction, petrochemical expansions or debottlenecking projects, major refinery expansion within the last 5 years.
- Minimum B.S. degree in civil, mechanical or chemical engineering, or related engineering field.
Occasionally: climbing stairs to top of tanks, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling, lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds, fine manipulation, working irregular hours or on call, working around electrical hazards, falling hazard, heavy machinery, sharp objects/tools, at heights or in confined spaces, around exposure to fumes, gases and odors, around hot temp devices, vibration; travelling locally between two Houston office locations, travelling domestically.
Frequently: sitting, standing, walking, walking in or out of terminal and through turnstile, bending over, reaching overhead, balancing, pushing or pulling, grasping, repetitive use of hands/arms/legs, eye/hand coordination, talking, touching, keyboarding/typing, producing unique or creative solutions to problems, receiving and transmitting information accurately using oral or written communications, concentrating on tasks, remembering details, making decisions, adjusting to changes, examining/observing details, discriminating colors, using math/calculations, wearing PPE, working outside and in hot or cold temps, working around exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, mud, excessive noise; maintaining professionalism and composure under emotional stress, working in difficult interpersonal situations,
Continuously: hearing, smelling, seeing, maintaining stamina during the work day, thinking analytically, understanding and drawing conclusions from information and data, maintaining attention span during the work day; using English language correctly, working in clos proximity/potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, maintaining TWIC card, performing multiple tasks at the same time, maintaining a high level of energy and productivity throughout the work day. TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT UTILIZED
- IBM compatible PC
- Microsoft Windows
- Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, Powerpoint
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.