NES Fircroft are recruiting a Process Engineer on behalf of our client, based at the Newton Aycliffe site. This is a long-term contract position, Outside IR35 options available, with at least 1-2 years work. Mon-Fri based on site.
Our client is a leading European chemical producer. With an annual turnover of in excess of €3 billion, our client has circa 4,200 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
Our client’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across general Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Sulphur Chemicals; Salt; and Electrochemical and Vinyls Technologies. Our client’s annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes. Role Overview:
Provide Process Engineering Design solutions to meet the project goals of the operating plants during expansions and modifications. To ensure that support is given to ensure that projects are successfully commissioned and handed over to the plants. Required Experience:
- Agree solutions to meet the project goals identified with project sponsors for capital or selected revenue projects and prepare flow sheets, equipment specifications and input into instrumentation requirements. Liaise with other disciplines within the Projects Department to prepare front-end design packages.
- Influence and advise personnel responsible for decision-making to ensure any project decisions best meet the required business goals. Participate or lead project goal deliberations.
- Participate in the team responsible for reviewing safety requirements for a project such as in HAZOP, Alarm or SIL reviews. Comply with the site management of change requirements.
- Prepare detailed specifications for procurement of equipment and develop cost effective and technically compliant solutions.
- Devise operating and control strategies in conjunction with operations department and E/I&C engineers for required modifications to plant control systems.
- Ensure good communication and co-ordination with other projects group members to effectively deliver the required project.
- Liaise with operating plants and installation contractors to best
integrate new equipment and piping into existing process when appropriate
- Participate or lead the team in the commissioning of new equipment for smooth start-up.
- Selection of process equipment following consideration of price, quality, life expectancy, performance and duty.
- Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering
- Proven experience of carrying out process design work and/or plant support work within a chemical manufacturing environment. Ideally within a COMAH regulated environment.
- Familiar with process safety principles and also an appreciation functional safety requirements.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.