NES Fircroft are currently recruiting Project Schedulers on behalf of a leading Chemical Manufacturer, based on site at Saltend, Hull. This is available as an outside IR35, long term contract. 12-24 month duration. 37.5hrs per week minimum. Job Purpose
Project Scheduler working on a multi-disciplinary engineering project with demanding HSE, technical, schedule and cost targets.Principle Accountabilities
- Develop and monitor the Master Project Plan to the level of detail required for the stage of the project.
- Monitor programme execution, including in the field progress checking, and update the programme for progress.
- Work with 3rd party design houses and suppliers to obtain and integrate their plans into the Project Master Plan
- Attend and actively participate in Project team & contractor progress meetings to extract information for updating programmes.
- Provide programme progress reporting and KPI information to the Project Leads and Project Manager (e.g. Percentage completion, S-Curves, schedule performance).
- Accountable for ensuring contractor planning/scheduling are realistic and deliverable.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Working in an environment with many interfaces to third parties including designers, vendors and constructors
- Delivery within a complex operational and maintenance environment
- Demanding HSE, quality, schedule, and cost targets
- Client side
- Role involves both office and site-based progress checking.
- Projects are multi-disciplinary projects and part of a large program.
- All plans will be built and maintained using Primavera P6
- HND qualified in project management or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years Scheduling experience, particularly during FEED/Design stages of engineering projects
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6
- Able to build relationships and communicate effectively within company and with suppliers / contracting partners.
- Self-motivated, well organized, able to work independently, and ability to drive work to completion on a timely basis and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Has a logical, proactive, and methodical approach to problem solving, the ability to recognise key issues.
- Has the ability to assimilate and analyse data/information and to report recommendations
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.