NES Fircroft is excited to announce that our Chicago office has recently acquired a new job opportunity with a national oil and gas organization at their refinery in Lima, OH for a Project Scheduler.
This individual would be employed on a contract to hire basis support the Lima Refinery Project Management Team by preparing and maintaining multiple project schedules from feasibility studies to the planning and implementation phases to ensure that projects present a realistic schedule and reliable execution plans and ensuring key stakeholders are informed and aligned.
This role will be working with both third-party contractors and internal clients and requires strong customer service and communication skills to align with the needs of the individual project managers and Major Projects leadership. Throughout the life cycle of the projects, the Project Scheduler liaises with various stakeholders such as: members of Project Management, Consulting Engineering Firms, Corporate Project Services, Construction and Operations teams, external EPC contractors and external construction contractors. As such, the project scheduler will be required to understand project delivery across all life cycles and be able to communicate full project scope. Further job details can be found below. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at email@example.com . Additional job details can be found below. Job Details
Location: Lima, OH—Hybrid schedule is feasible.
Hours: M-F—40-50 hours per week.
Pay Range: Negotiable based on experience and expectation. Per diem will be offered for non-local candidates when onsite.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with opportunity for extension or fulltime employment. Responsibilities
• Develop resource-loaded level I, II, III & IV integrated project schedules under the direction of the Project Managers and Project Controls Manager.
• Build & maintain the master schedule for the Lima Refinery project portfolio.
• Integrate schedules of EPC firms and construction and establish logical work sequences to fit priorities identified by Project Execution strategy.
• Organize and facilitate interactive project planning sessions.
• Coordinate with estimating and project cost specialists for cost & schedule alignment.
• Consolidate the progress and performance reporting for the project from EPC and construction; support Construction Management Team (CMT) for monitoring construction progress.
• Produce reports and analysis using Primavera and other systems and coordinate the schedule interface between all groups as well as identifying problems and making recommendations to project managers.
• Report baseline schedules against plan (dashboard) and provide management reports as requested by project management team.
• Interface with supply chain management for schedule activity inclusion and progress updates.
• Participate in developing planning/scheduling related procedures and template
• Review schedule data, identify and acquire information needed to complete work logics to interface between all stakeholders.
• Ensure all schedule changes are documented through change management system as per project requirement.
• Create and present schedule basis for assigned integrated schedules.
• Perform manpower resource loading for assigned schedules as required.
• Participate in yearly work planning meetings with area portfolio managers.
• Perform critical path analysis and identify and report activities which have critical or potential impact on schedule. Job Qualifications
- Must have 10+ years of planning/scheduling related experience.
- Must have 5+ years of dedicated experience to supporting engineering/construction related capital projects or turnarounds on the plant owner side.
- Must have previous experience working with P6 Primavera and MS Excel.
- Previous experience working with Power Bi would be a big plus.
- Local candidates to the Lima, OH region would be a big plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.