NES Fircroft are looking for a PSCM Operations Category Lead to join a major operator on a 28.28 rotation in Iraq.
As PSCM Operations Category Lead you delivers against Iraq contracting plans safe, compliant, reliable, and competitive supply chain solutions.
The position delivers business value by supporting demand planning and aggregation, leading contract strategy, sourcing and contract management activity and ensuring cost and production targets are enabled by effective and agile end-to-end supply chain management. This role is also responsible for ensuring activity is compliant to the Technical Service Contract and governance. The Category Specialist also play a key role in coaching and development of Iraqi colleagues to develop and build PSCM capability for the JV.
This position requires skills in sourcing strategies, RFx, evaluation, supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, contract management, supplier management and issue resolution. The role actively delivers value opportunities, ensuring cost and production targets are enabled by effective and agile end-to-end supply chain management.
The Category Lead will support the Operating Organisation and be based in Basra on a Rotational reporting to Operations Category Delivery Manager. Key Accountabilities
Criteria & Qualifications
- Develops sourcing strategies and delivers end-to-end sourcing and contracting including understanding demand and external market analysis, RFx, evaluation, supplier selection, negotiations.
- Obtains relevant sourcing governance approvals and ensure contracts are compliant to established contract standards and operationalized into P2P systems.
- Works with the Line to ensure contractor performance management is executed effectively to drive expected performance and provide commercial/contractual support to operational issues that arise.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the supply market and drives productivity through supplier collaboration, simplification, and standardisation opportunities.
- Demonstrates expertise level knowledge of operations in region, local content obligations and regulations to ensure compliant and efficient delivery of business solutions to the asset(s) and provides technical coaching to the team.
- Delivers robust contract management, including cost management and business risk analysis and support supplier management with the line Contract Accountable Managers (CAMs) to ensure companies value is delivered by third parties.
- 8+ years’ experience in Operations Category Management and Procurement (P2P), including hands-on strategy development. sourcing, contracting and supplier management experience across production, maintenance and engineering.
- Good understanding of well operations and ability to interpret end user requirements to form robust sourcing events and fit for purpose contracts.
- Deep understanding of the challenges relating to operations production or maintenance sourcing, evaluation, onboarding and performance management within this category.
- Strong understanding of regional requirements and experience dealing with PSA/TSC /concessionaire approvals.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of performance delivery and Continuous Improvement.
- Customer-focused to meet the diverse needs across the procurement life-cycle.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work demands in a dynamic work environment.
- Able to deliver agile solutions, try new ways of working and displays a growth mindset.
- Track record of collaboration and developing innovative and pragmatic solutions to complex business issues.
- Strong influencing and communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and with suppliers.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and handle ambiguity with openness to change.
- Knowledge of PSCM systems – P2P e.g. SAP/Maximo and Ariba OneSource.
- University degree in Procurement, Engineering or other business/technical discipline
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.